Who we are:
We are a consumer-friendly alternative to banking. We offer all the services you're accustomed to, but at better rates and lower fees. That's because we're structured differently than banks. Banks are in business to earn profits for their stockholder investors. Our credit union exists to improve our member's financial well-being. We don't have stockholders. Instead, we're cooperatively owned by our members (account holders). We return our profits to members in the form of higher dividends on savings, lower rates on loans and lower fees.
Our Mission is Empowering the pursuit of financial happiness.
We live by our values of Honesty • Innovation • Generosity • Humility • Excellence • Respect Accountable for the effective servicing of members and assisting them with their financial objectives, primarily via telephone and email, consistently cross offering all credit union products and services when appropriate and in accordance with established credit union policies and procedures.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
• Achieve or exceed all sales and service goals at the individual, department and corporate level. Motivate and
inspire others to achieve, as well, through positive attitude and actions.
• Expedite loan applications by serving as the main contact point and collector of documentation necessary to
disburse loans in a timely manner.
• Make outbound calls to members within established time frames to:
• On-Board members
• Generate sales during specific campaigns and focused calls/contacts
• Assist and counsel members on the full array of credit union products and services in order to help them
achieve their financial goals, cross-selling products and services as appropriate.
• In addition to outbound sales calls, assist in awareness and service campaigns as directed by the AVP
• Connect with membership via multiple channels including, but not limited to, telephone, mobile, video chat,
videoconferencing in order to provide a seamless, Omni channel member experience
• Provide service as necessary to all members consistent with the established policies and
Credit union procedures
• Establish, maintain, grow and display basic member service skills, including: Active listening, cross-selling,
problem solving, conflict resolution, effective communication (words, tone, language), product knowledge,
personal accountability, and other skills identified by management.
• Develop and demonstrate excellent telephone service skills.
• Serve members by providing service / information in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner via telephone
• Foster, develop, maintain and demonstrate selling skills in the following areas.
• Reading members (words, tone, language), handling and overcoming objections, goal setting and attainment,
understanding of bottom-line and business basics, presentation skills, forming and maintaining new relationships,
and other skills identified by management.
• Knowledge of financial services delivery.
• Knowledge of loan policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of the fundamentals of lending, plus loan collection concepts and practices.
• Knowledge of certificates of deposit and individual retirement accounts.
• Knowledge of web-based technology including chat and conferencing.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent telephone skills.
• Ability to perform minor math calculations.
• Ability to collect and analyze data.
• Problem solving skills.
• High school diploma or the equivalent.
• 1-2 years’ experience in customer service.
• Experience in a financial service institution or sales experience.
• 1-2 years’ experience in telephone sales/service or related industry.
• Knowledge of MS Office, Internet and Email.