Coconut is looking for experienced Business Development Representatives to help build and expand our Business Development team! You will be the first point of contact for any inbound leads, while also strategically prospecting and bringing new leads into the Coconut sales process and educating potential prospects about Coconut. Your top priority will be to drive the revenue goals of the company by positioning Coconut’s products and services as a streamlined experience for our customers and their clients. Sales Development is the foundation of our sales organization and has the opportunity to make a tangible impact on our organizational goals.
There is a massive transformation underway with how banks and credit unions do business with their customers - and we have the opportunity to be right at the centre of that change. Our product supports our clients with seamless appointment scheduling, virtual meetings, on location visitor management and the analytics needed to make informed decisions.
After a year of tremendous growth and completion of the Google Accelerator for Startups, we are gearing up to scale even faster and are looking to add someone to our team to help drive the revenue goals of the company by positioning Coconut’s service offerings as the best solution for our customers to achieve success.
This is your chance to pioneer and really have an impact! You will have the opportunity to be part of our growing Business Development team and champion our product to potential customers! Working closely with the Sales and Marketing teams, this position will work with prospects to evolve customized solutions that will better serve their customer base. As an expert relationship builder - you will seek out new clients to join our network and partner with each one to ensure our customers win with their clients.
The right candidate for this role has demonstrated their ability to maintain customer relationships and proactively identify, pursue and maintain a constant pipeline of potential customers via prospecting, networking and referral activities. They are driven, motivated and eager to put the team ahead of themselves and strive to have impact on the success of the company.
Coconut offers career defining opportunity - doing meaningful work on a fast growing team. You will be supported with opportunities to grow your career and you can help build an amazing product at a company big enough for growth, but still lean enough for you to make a genuine impact.
You Are Fired Up To:
- Build relationships with new prospects
- Qualify leads for the sales team
- Work with the Sales & Marketing teams to develop outbound demand generation campaigns leveraging SalesLoft, Hubspot, Salesforce.com, and various data tools
- Initiate the sales process through multiple inbound and outbound cold calling, email, and social media touch points
- Self source of additional new business opportunities for Coconut and conduct research to identify potential prospects
- When safe to do so, attend industry functions and trade shows to generate new leads for the Sales team
- Track and record activity on accounts and leads in Salesforce.com
- Maintain a clean inbound funnel and collaborate with Account Executives to get the best solution for our customers
What you bring to the team:
- 2+ years in a software sales environment, experience selling services is an asset
- Experience selling over multiple channels, phone, email social, face to face and using multiple sales processes
- Desire to learn and grow into progressive sales positions
- Hands on experience working with a CRM (such as Salesforce)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- A strong drive for results in a collaborative, win-as-a-team environment
- Proven record of sales success and industry exposure in an outbound and/or new business development function, preferably selling SAAS solutions
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software is an enterprise customer engagement platform that is used by some of the biggest companies in North America including Capital One, RBC, Rogers, and Canadian Tire. Founded in Saskatoon by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, the company has grown to over 60 employees with offices in Saskatoon and Toronto (currently working from home) and a growing distributed workforce across North America. After a year of tremendous growth and completion of the Google Accelerator for Startups, the company is gearing up to scale the business event faster.
With a relaxed work environment and company perks like Cabana Days, Tiki Bucks Incentive Plan, and the opportunity to work from home, Coconut has created a company culture that is best in class. We are about people, passion, and performance and as a people-first company with exciting growth plans, Coconut is an excellent place to propel your career!
Modernizing how Banks and Credit Unions engage because everyone’s time is money.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Flexible Wellness spending account
- Virtual care access to Doctors and Mental Health support (no annual maximum)
- Opportunity to work from home
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan (ESOP)
- Internet Subsidy
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- Tiki Bucks Incentive Program
- A People First Company - 4.7 rating on Glassdoor