As our Information Security Manager at Coconut, you will lead all technical aspects of our security, data privacy, and compliance initiatives, further strengthening Coconut’s commitment to Information Security and assuring the trust of our customers and partners. You will champion Information Security initiatives across the organization and be a process owner on key security initiatives including risk assessment, evaluating the effectiveness of security programs, incident response management, policies, and standards.
You’re a passionate collaborator, self starter, and you’re eager to make an impact. You enjoy the challenge of bouncing between high level strategy and hands on problem solving. You’re looking for that next big challenge that garners big opportunities and offers that next step in your career!
You Are Fired Up To:
- Direct and coordinate implementation of security controls and compliance requirements across the organization to ensure compliance to privacy policies and procedures as well as governing provincial and federal legislation.
- Develop, implement, and monitor a comprehensive security program focused on ensuring the availability, confidentiality, and integrity of owned information that is controlled or processed by Coconut.
- Direct and coordinate implementation of security controls and compliance requirements across the organization
- Plan and coordinate the execution of enterprise wide information security risk assessments, including the reporting and oversight of risk treatment plans to address findings
- Ensure key security controls are identified, implemented, tested, and remediated as required
- Advise on enhancements to enterprise Security Policies and Standards
Who Should I be?
- Eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills, or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role and are seeking that next step in your career
- A self-starter, with a can-do attitude. You’re known for your integrity, accountability, and ability to stay on top of multiple priorities.
- Are collaborative, have the ability both to lead and be a solid individual contributor, and also have direct experience with developing security metrics, KRIs, and KPIs
What you bring to the team:
- Certified Information and Privacy Professional designation (CIPP) strongly preferred
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of and practice in current federal and provincial privacy and freedom of information legislation and requirements as well as privacy frameworks, principles and compliance programs.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of current cloud security technologies and approaches
- Proficiency in information security domains, including risk and control assessments, policies and standards, secure systems development lifecycle, regulatory compliance, access controls, technology resiliency, governance and metrics, incident management, vulnerability management, and data protection
- Experience across various security, compliance, regulatory and common control frameworks and risk frameworks/methodologies as they relate to the banking, technology, and software industry
- Understand appropriate IT controls, as well as IT audit approaches
- Experience with application security, infrastructure and network security, and working with software development teams
- Strong knowledge of system design, installation, backup, recovery, storage management, methodologies, processes, and tools.
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software is an enterprise customer engagement platform that is implemented by some of the biggest companies in North America including Capital One, RBC, Rogers, and Canadian Tire. Founded in Saskatoon by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, the company has grown to over 60 employees with offices in Saskatoon and Toronto (currently working from home). After doubling revenues 3 years in a row and completing the Google Accelerator for Startups, the company has ambitious growth plans to scale the business over the next 3 years.
With company perks like Cabana Days, Tiki Bucks Incentive Plan, and an annual wellness spending account, Coconut has created a company culture that is best in class. We are about people, passion, and performance and as a people-first company with exciting growth plans, Coconut is an excellent place to propel your career!
We believe in a world where advisors can create long lasting relationships with their customers and operate more efficiently.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Health & Dental Benefits featuring Virtual Care
- Annual Wellness Spending Account
- Remote Work Opportunities
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Internet Subsidy
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- Tiki Bucks Incentive Program
- A People First Company - 4.7 rating on Glassdoor