The Housekeeper performs a variety of duties in order to maintain a high cleanliness standard for all resort rental units and to provide exceptional customer service for guests.
This is a seasonal position scheduled to work 40 hours per week for up to six months. Qualified candidates must be available to work morning and afternoon shifts (8am-4pm) on weekdays, weekends and holidays.
Essential Job Duties:
- Cleans guest rooms and stocks with appropriate supplies in the prescribed manner while following safety and security procedures and regulations, including but not limited to: Picks up and removes trash;
- Changes linen and makes bed(s); cleans entire bathroom; sweeps and dusts each unit; cleans the windows, balconies and porches.Retrieves, stocks, restocks and stores the supplies according to current procedures.
- Receives assigned section, keys, supplies and any priority room requests from the Executive Housekeeper. Turns in keys and unused supplies at the end of each shift. Checks with supervisor prior to clocking out at the end of each day.
- Responds to guest requests and reports guest concerns in a timely and hospitable manner.
- Reports any missing articles, damages or mechanical problems to the Housekeeping Supervisor and turns in any articles left in each unit.
- Coordinates with the Housekeeping Supervisor relating to work priorities and provides assistance when/where needed.
- Checks amenities buildings (i.e., restaurants, pro shops, recreation and public areas) to ensure they meet cleanliness standards and are adequately stocked.
Other Job Duties:
- Performs other job functions as necessary to ensure property and company goals and guest expectations are exceeded.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license.
- Demonstrates teamwork and customer service focus.
- Maintains high energy level and positive demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; bend; walk; kneel; climb; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and occasionally lift 50lbs. Must be able to withstand working in a variety of weather conditions including sunlight and a hot/humid summer climate. Must be able to use and work from a ladder in the performance of daily tasks.
Experience & Education:
Six months prior housekeeping experience and high school diploma / GED preferred.
Rumbling Bald Resort is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled