Sr. Behavioral Health Counselor
Community Hope, Inc. Morristown, NJ $19.00 per hour
Do you want to work in a friendly, professional and supportive organization? Do you want to make a difference in someone's life everyday!? If so, COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
4 WEEKS Paid-Time Off!, Birthday Holiday PLUS MORE!
To ensure the safety of people we serve and our workforce, we require employee’s proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Unvaccinated employees must participate in COVID-19 testing at minimum one to two times per week in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
Providing daily management of the community residence and to direct residential support services to consumers.
- Performs all direct service job responsibilities ensuring a safe, clean and adequate living environment for all consumers.
- Monitors and ensures the daily implementation of direct services and staff duties.
- Monitors staff performance in all daily activities.
- Coordinates and follows up on consumer medications in conjunction with Assistant Program Coordinator.
- Establishes, maintains, and approves all changes in staff schedules and reports all changes to the supervisor.
- Utilizes supervision.
- Assists the Assistant Program Coordinator with the coordination of referrals and placements with other residential services and community agencies.
- Ensures that all staff complete the Core Competency training requirements in conjunction with the Assistant Program Coordinator.
- Possesses knowledge of agency policies and procedures.
- Reviews clinical records and ensures accuracy of reporting and charting.
- Ensures all clinical and administrative documentation is timely and consistent with program procedures.
- Provides on-site coverage and substitute coverage when necessary.
- Maintains and monitors all residential record keeping including staff minutes, fire drill records, chore lists, menus medication logs, daily logs, house meeting minutes and appropriate clinical documentation.
- Implements and maintains appropriate safety standards.
- Reports repair and maintenance requests; coordinates scheduling of repairs.
- Submits supply and furniture requests.
- Manages all food and petty cash accounts.
- Collects rent, food, phone, and cable payments from consumers.
- Insures safe keeping of any and all consumer funds.
- Prepares all monthly reports.
- Assists in transitioning new consumers to the residence and discharge or transition of outgoing consumers to other
- Bachelors’ Degree in health related field; or an R.N.; or two years college plus two years of related work or life experience, or licensed as an LPN plus two years of related mental health experience; or a High School diploma and four years of related mental health experience.
- Plus one year in a residential mental health setting.
- Taking the lead in individual service coordination activities.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Request Priority Protected Veteran Referral. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Contact.
~We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply including Native American, people of color, women, LGBTQ+, people of all abilities, veterans and veteran spouses.~
Community Hope, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
Community Hope, Inc. endeavors to make https://communityhopeinc.easyapply.co/job/sr-behavioral-health-counselor-4 accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Mirella Rosario/Staff Recruiter/HR at 973-463-9600 x330 or email@example.com