POSITION TITLE: General Manager
POSITION REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
Direct Reports: Sales, Customer Service, and Product Management
OUR CORE VALUES:
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that likes to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves, and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
- Responsible for strategic vision and planning that should be communicated through the creation and execution of a strategic plan that will assure a profitable growth path for the business unit.
- Provide operational and sales leadership to guide the team through a tactical execution of the plan.
- Set and monitor Marketing and Product Management direction while overseeing Sales, Inside Sales, and Customer Service activity.
- Conduct evaluations of the team and provide mentoring, leadership, training and development. Evaluate, establish and develop a high performing team. Identify, and recommend, organizational structure needs and changes necessary for profitable growth.
- Set and implement procedures, processes and controls that will improve efficiencies and can support our desired growth.
- Collaborate with cross functional personnel, both domestic and international, to ensure alignment of key strategic initiatives for the business unit.
- Complete an annual budget and corresponding business strategy that supports meeting the company’s financial forecast. Continuously track progress and assure that quarterly and annual goals for the business unit budget are met.
- Work with the management team to develop current and long term goals, plans, objectives and policies.
- Provide strong leadership to all functions of the business and build a "service/customer oriented" culture. Reinforce, throughout the entire company, the desire and commitment to the highest levels of customer service. Communicate and demonstrate this commitment to all customers.
- Evaluate areas of need and +/- impacts. When needed, lead an effective search and recruitment process to assure the “best of the best” in new members of the team.
- Assure constant review of the business unit’s product line, analyzing product line and individual product performance, making necessary changes to assure strong ROI and viability of all active products.
- Lead the identification, design, go/no-go, development and the launch of new and improved products. Assist in the setting and management of schedules.
- Utilize a Strategic Pricing Strategy that includes product costing and market pricing, assuring that we are procuring at the best cost and pricing the market based on what the market will bear so that we maximize gross margin potential.
- Research, administer and analyze needed testing assuring that we are marketing products that will not present a liability to the company or its partners.
- Work with Supply Chain in materials forecasting and ordering to assure ample product turns and elimination of slow moving inventory.
- Utilize the ERP system and implement new management processes to better manage inventory. Create Key Performance Indicators to measure performance and drive accountability. Lead the charge to a reduced and balance inventory for improved customer satisfaction and financial health for Fortress.
- Serve as a conduit between the end user requirements and Manufacturing.
- Assist Manufacturing in the improvement of existing products through researching market needs, desires and opportunities and how to best address these areas.
- Communicate product specifications and improvements with the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
- Assist in the identification and creation of needed quality control procedures.
- Occasional travel to China for factory visits, product development and general manufacturing work.
- Design, implement and manage an organizational structure of the business unit’s sales team that will assure profitable growth and the accomplishment of our annual sales plan.
- Lead the sales team to maximize gross margin dollars through a strategic pricing and sales strategy.
- Create promotional, market based or product based opportunities to spur off-season sales.
- Maximize two-step, one-step, retail, international and OEM distribution opportunities.
- Create and execute a plan to successfully launch new products.
- Expand international distribution opportunities.
- Achieve a very high, year over year growth percentage.
- Manage the marketing, branding and product image needs with the selected Marketing resource.
- Lead the trade show process.
- Identify and evaluate advertising and promotional opportunities in print, web, new media, etc.
Fortress Building Products is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled