In-House Legal Counsel
GSL Group includes a wide range of businesses including Real Estate Development, Holdings and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities), E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Travel & Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Agriculture.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an in-house Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver. Reporting to the CEO, you will be working closely with all business areas by providing balanced and strategic legal advice on a range of topics including commercial leasing/purchasing, trademark law, software and licensing and information technology rights, acquisitions, entertainment law, employment law, and general corporate and commercial matters.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is self-motivated, approachable, practical and business savvy. Someone who thrives in a dynamic environment and can deliver exceptional legal work in an efficient and pragmatic manner.
This multi-faceted role will have a number of accountabilities, including but not exclusive to those listed below:
- Providing legal advice on a broad range of matters such as: commercial leasing/purchasing, trademark law, software and licensing and information technology rights, competition and marketing laws, privacy rights, e-commerce, employment law, risk management and regulatory compliance, acquisitions and general commercial contracts
- Work with external counsel on litigation and commercial matters
- Composing drafts and assisting with the negotiation of complex commercial contracts
- Reviewing and advising our business on complex commercial contracts, business structures and arrangements
- Developing practical solutions to meet business needs while ensuring legal compliance and high ethical standards are maintained
- Meeting directly with business users and managing legal projects/matters from commencement to completion
- To assist and prepare complex legal documents related to corporate and commercial transactions
- Due diligence review of corporate records and preparation of rectification resolutions, conduct and review public searches in connection with due diligence matters
- Maintain our corporate documents, contracts, minute books along with all ongoing corporate governance filings and related matters
- Respond to internal legal inquiries and independently manage them
- Reviewing, drafting and interpreting policies and contracts
- Must have a law degree from a recognized university and have a current membership in a Canadian Law Society, and be qualified to practice as a lawyer in the province of British Columbia
- Must be a member in good standing, Law Society of Canadian jurisdiction
- 3+ years' experience working at law firm or in-house legal department
- Along with experience with entertainment law, Influencer Marketing and Endorsement law experience is a definite asset as well
- Experience drafting and advising on commercial agreements
- Knowledge of concepts and laws relating to commercial leasing/purchasing, trademarks, software licensing, competition/marketing laws, acquisitions, and general commercial contracts
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills (oral, written, presentation), and relationship management skills
- Excellent public relations skills with the ability to exercise a high degree of tact and diplomacy
- Ability to travel locally and regionally if required
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with diverse team members
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Leads by example; works with a high degree of trust and integrity
- Organized and excellent with time management and able to manage a large volume of files
- Personable and able to work in a collaborative, supportive team environment
- Adaptable to change and have a passion for learning
- Innovative and out-of-the-box thinker
WHAT WE OFFER
- In addition to a highly competitive salary, we offer a great range of benefits, perks and opportunities for development and career progression
- An inclusive team-oriented environment where we recognize achievements and celebrate them
Compensation: will be commensurate with experience.
Job Location: Vancouver
GSL is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a
work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All
employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and
business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive
culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position