ECO Canada is the steward for the Canadian environmental workforce across all industries. From job creation and wage funding, to training and labour market research – we champion the end-to-end career of an environmental professional. We work with the federal, provincial, and municipal governments in all Canadian regions to support economic growth and environmental stewardship as best practice.
When you work at ECO Canada, you are supporting the growth of an abundant environmental workforce. Along with competitive benefits and compensation, we provide the opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team that values collaboration, high performance and, of course, celebrating our successes! We believe that rewarding, meaningful work should be part of every step of the career journey.
The Acquisition and Marketing Teams at ECO Canada oversee the brand, customer engagement, client relationships, growth, and reputation of the organization. We support the five streams within ECO Canada and their programs, as well as the overarching strategy of the organization. We need to understand the industry, the story behind the numbers, our personas and how these are tied together to ensure we meet the yearly targets. As a key member of the team, the Acquisitions and Marketing Assistant - Summer Student will support in communication duties involved in both sales and marketing, and help with research and analytics which will determine strategies, campaigns and tactics.
While each member of ECO Canada has individual responsibilities, ECO takes a team-based approach. Everyone is encouraged to take ownership of his/her ideas and to see them through to completion, collaborating with key influencers as required.
The Acquisitions and Marketing Assistant – Summer Student will assist both Acquisitions and Marking with the accomplishment of a variety of tasks and initiatives, including but not limited to:
- Review content and include feedback, and when the opportunity is available develop scripts and content for smaller tactics e.g. social media, call scripts, email marketing content.
- Sitting in on team meetings and brain storming session to provide ideas on how to best communicate to certain audience segments/personas, as well as how to market programs.
- When launching a new campaign, developing a strategy for a new program or product, or when trying to increase market strength, conducting research on the competitive landscape, opportunities of success and recommended next steps are vital. This role will support the team members who are overseeing the research portion.
- To continue the growth of ECO Canada and ensuring we are providing the best recommendations we need to analyze past tactics to track performance. Data analysis allows to tailor our approach and identify areas for improvement. This role will be responsible for the analysis and the story behind the numbers for smaller programs and campaigns – with support for team members. In addition, there may be opportunities to assist with digital marketing campaigns: planning, tracking, and reporting.
- To assist team members by organizing files and folders, to input data and to update project dashboards across a range of platforms.
Qualifications and Education
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or a related discipline
- Excellent command of the English language, with strong emphasis on written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as general computer skills including file management and data entry
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to connect with people in working in all areas of the environmental sector
- Great attitude and ability to maintain control while coordinating activities and balancing multiple priorities
- Exceptional time-management, organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Well-developed, independent work ethic along with ability to communicate with the team and external parties
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal oversight
- Fluency in French will be considered an asset
- Experience with email marketing programs an asset (Act-On, Mailchimp etc.)
- Experience using social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) and knowledge of content tools an asset (Hootsuite/Buffer)
- Experience with website content management systems as asset (WordPress, Elementor etc.)
This is a temporary 7-week contract position, funded by Canada Summer Jobs 2021.If you feel you are the perfect fit for this position and are looking to join a company culture that is fun, flexible and defined by our collective drive for success, please apply now through our website. Please upload your resume and cover letter as one PDF file. Applicants who do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.