Under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Labourer will be responsible for performing general maintenance repairs around both hotels - Four Points by Sheraton and Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton, both located at the Kelowna Airport. Duties will include maintaining public spaces, identifying the need for repairs, responding to maintenance requests, and servicing company equipment.
What We Offer:
- Summer incentive bonus pay
- Worldwide Hotel Discount for all Marriott branded hotels
- Discounted hotel rooms and restaurants under Argus Hospitality Group Portfolio (Gulf Stream, SmackDAB, Lakeside Dining, Hotel Eldorado, Manteo, Four Points, Hampton Inn & Suites)
- Discounted Marina Rentals at Eldorado Marina
- Store Discount at Eldorado Marina
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Development Opportunities within the Argus Hospitality Group
- Group benefits program
Responsibilities and Accountability:
You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standard:
• Respond and attend to guest & staff reported defects, carry a radio at all times
• Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards
• Communicate with guests and staff to resolve maintenance issues in a timely and professional manner.
• Perform basic tasks including: troubleshooting TV’s and equipment, painting and filling crevices, changing light bulbs and filters, manage general maintenance repairs and clean-up of the repair area.
• Perform repairs as needed and inspect company machinery, equipment or appliances.
• Detect and report the need for major maintenance repairs.
• Able to operate all shut-off valves for equipment and all utility shut-offs for buildings
• Monitor the pool equipment and report any issues to the Maintenance Manager
• Help with seasonal exterior maintenance, including shoveling & salting sidewalks, assisting with seasonal displays
• Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality and protect company assets
• Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any hazards or concerns
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance, reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, stooping, climbing ladders
• Enter and locate work-related information using computers
• Perform other reasonable job duties as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
To successfully fill this role, you should demonstrate the following:
• High School graduation required
• Ability to troubleshoot and assess the work needed for maintenance procedures
• Ability to lift heavy loads, physical agility, manual dexterity
• Experience an asset
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.