Are you a resourceful leader with a passion to support individuals who are homeless and/or vulnerable transition towards maintaining sustainable and healthy lifestyles? Join The Mustard Seed's Health and Wellness team!
Position Type: Full time
Schedule: Monday to Friday - Days
Reporting to: Director of Operations (RD)
Location: Red Deer
The Wellness Advocate Team Lead is committed to helping people who are homeless transition toward and maintain sustainable and healthy lifestyles. The purpose of the Health and Wellness area is to facilitate the case management of clients at The Mustard Seed. The Wellness Advocate Leader ensures that advocacy services are delivered with excellence.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that advocates meet with new clients who come into the Support Centre and do the Mustard Seed General Intake getting new clients referred as quickly as possible to other internal programs;
- Support advocates and provide day to day supervision to the team
- Educate and empower clients to understand and achieve their rights and responsibilities, as participating members of society
- Liaise with internal and external resources that will help clients increase their assets. This includes maintaining existing partnerships as well as developing new partnerships
- Ensure that clients are referred to internal and external resources
- Advocate for clients as needed both to access resources within and outside the organization
- Ensure clients accessed external resources by completing follow up with clients and agencies
- Provide crisis intervention, as necessary
- Provide input into program evaluation upon request
- Other duties as assigned.
- Build a comprehensive library and knowledge base on community resources
- Share and disseminate community resource information
- Track assigned clients’ progress with external resources
- Communicate relevant information to Caseworker about interactions with clients and observed behavior;
- Document guest interactions, guest referrals and guest progress on HMIS
- Track statistics and prepare reports, as required
- Attend meetings and training, as assigned
- Serve on internal and external committees, as requested
- Provide input into the development of policies and procedures for designated programs
- Ensure that clients’ records and information are kept confidential, updated and secure
- Approve vacation, sick and flex time for advocates
- Provide input on employee annual performance reviews.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- BSW or Bachelor in Human Services or equivalent
- Three to five years of related working experience
- Ministry experience considered a strong asset
- Competent in use of MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent administrative, time management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently;
- Working in and amongst a diverse group of individuals
- Fast paced and demanding work environment
- Minimal physical effort required to successfully accomplish the essential job functions, such as keyboarding to word process documents, entering data into database and utilizing software. Frequent reaching, walking, standing, and sitting for extended periods of time Employment
- Moderate to extreme mental effort required to successfully accomplish the essential job functions such as managing high volume workload leading, providing information, resolving discrepancies, responding to highly intense situations.
- Although The Mustard Seed is dedicated to monitoring the circumstances surrounding the COVID 19 pandemic, the safety of our employees is top priority; due to the nature of the position, our frontline staff could be prone to risk of contracting COVID-19 like any other front line position
- An Employment Background Check is required for all positions at The Mustard Seed
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed’s Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and wellness days.
- Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect is used solely for consideration for employment.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Mustard Seed reserves the right to amend job advertisements. No phone calls please.
- Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.