The Gem City Market
Cooperative, Dayton’s first multi-stakeholder community and employee-owned full-service
grocery store will have our grand opening soon. We’re looking for dedicated, community-oriented
servant leaders to grow with us to achieve our mission: Our
mission is to serve, engage, and empower our neighborhoods by providing
affordable, high quality food in a clean and welcoming environment that is
worker and community owned.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Perishables Supervisor will:
- Provide exemplary leadership and coordination of the perishables program and its staff while offering an engaging customer experience through the creative merchandising and retail of fresh dairy, cheeses and frozen inventory, while providing outstanding customer service in a cooperative environment
- Oversee the buying, merchandising, and stocking and receiving for all perishable items while assuring effective leadership, staff development, appropriate product selection, quality control, profitability, and operational efficiency
- Be attentive and responsive to the needs and concerns of members, customers, suppliers, staff, and community, and will communicate these as appropriate in order to positively address them in accordance with Gem City Market’s mission statement
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a perishable department with ordering responsibilities
- Food service or retail experience, with an understanding of purchasing and managing inventory required
Creative merchandising skills or experience highly preferred
Passion for quality food
Experience serving the public required
Employee and payroll management or supervisory experience preferred
Highly Organized with an attention to detail
Ability to model desirable servant leadership skills and professional conduct
- Ability to work independently within established guidelines
- The willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and some holidays
At the Gem City Market Cooperative we celebrate, respect and thrive on the differences and diversity of all people in solidarity with our community, employees and in everything we do. The Gem City Market Cooperative is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, welcoming all to apply.
If you need assistance or an accommodation with the application, you may contact us at email@example.com or (937) 701-7432.
Rate of pay is based on experience. Great benefits including health, dental and vision will be offered to full time employees. Come be a part of a dynamic team that supports the community through access to food, employment and a great customer experience. Grow your skills and explore a career with us. Apply today!
Gem City Market Cooperative is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled