Showcase your talent at a well-established brand, and be appreciated for your contribution and rewarded for your success!
Endeavor Hospitality in Bloomington, IN, is looking for a passionate kitchen manager about Italian food, exceptional service, craft cocktails, & beautiful wine! We are looking for a dedicated, hardworking, friendly & energetic, experienced chef to lead our culinary team. Combine your passion for food with our love of Italian food to promote our culinary team's growth of skills and passion.
You'll work closely with the management team to manage the kitchen's day-to-day operations, including receiving and ordering, conducting regular inspections of the kitchen/dishwashing areas and equipment, daily preparation of stocks, sauces and soups, and supervising and handling kitchen inventory. The ideal candidate must also manage and professionally communicate with kitchen and Front of House members calmly and effectively under pressure while encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation to maintain our culinary standards.
Responsibilities and Duties
- 2+ years of experience as a line cook or Sous Chef in upscale casual or fine dining concept
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures
- Sense of humor
- Current & creative culinary voice
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergencies and providing solutions
- Familiar with industry's best practices
- Sense of urgency
- Recipe competency
- Eye for details
Physical expectations include working in a standing position for long periods and reaching, bending, stoop, and frequently lifting up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds. All food handlers' permits are required. Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, and extended hours as business dictates.
Qualifications and Skills
Job Location: Bloomington, IN
Required education: High school or equivalent
- Ability to work key shift hours
- Ability to follow and scale recipes
- Strong Experience managing food cost
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Excellent ability to multi-task
Required license or certification: ServSafe Food Safety Certificate
- Incentives and profit-sharing
- Health Benefits
- Paid Time Off