Principal Systems Engineer III (Network)
E-INFOSOL LLC is seeking a highly motivated Principal Systems Engineer III (Network) to be a Full-time employee, located in Pocatello, ID. Come join a team that collaborates across the entire organization to bring the right solution to our customers and drive innovation.
The Principal Systems Engineer III (Network) will be responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base storage & backup system, but for all features, components and application dependencies. To include switches, firewalls, load balancers, software defined networking, private cloud requirements, etc.
- Design, implementation and ongoing support of the Networking Infrastructure within and between data centers.
- Serves as the advanced matter expert for all data center network environments.
- Create and maintain network infrastructure for both bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate LAN, WAN, vLAN, SDN, firewall and load balancer configurations, using both OEM and third party tools that include virtual network tools (NSX) and services.
- Provision/configure the required networking for servers and applications.
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the data center network infrastructure.
- Monitor and correct critical network issues and create recovery processes for failures and performance bottlenecks. Provide real time alerts for network problem issues and implement proactive solutions for future problems to include re-design or tech refresh.
- Install, configure, test and maintain system management tools for all data center network components.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as automated provisioning of addresses and VLANS with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Provide 4th level support.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
- Provide real time alerts and dashboard information on network performance and availability.
- Document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys.
- Continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
Provide real-time reporting of provisioned and non-provisioned resources such as bandwidth utilized to include performance metrics for availability, performance and trends.
- 6+ years of related experience
- Experience with Application-Centric Infrastructure (ACI), Tetration, Multi-Site-Orchestrator (MSO), Network Assurance Engine (NAE), Network Services Orchestrator (NSO), Nexus Insights, and Digital Network Architecture Center (DNAC) preferred
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Must be US Citizen with an Active Top Secret
E-INFOSOL is a Service Disabled and Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. We are a premiere IT Security, Cloud and Virtualization provider servicing both federal and state government, and private sector customers. Through strategic partnerships with top industry players such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMware, Microsoft and Nutanix, we are able to provide an array of IT products and solutions, combining them with our expertise.
E-INFOSOL has 10 years in the digital world expanding with new clientele and jobs rapidly. E-INFOSOL is constantly aware of, technical changes within IT and wants to ensure future candidates can make a difference with contributing their different skills and knowledge. We offer an array of architectural, engineering, and information technological jobs to a diverse group of candidates. Come join the E-INFOSOL family and be a part of the vast growing culture that contributes to the world.