GSL Group includes a wide range of businesses including Real Estate Development, Holdings and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities), E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Travel & Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Agriculture.
We are currently looking for an experienced Accountant to join our team. This position will report to the Controller and will be based out of Kelowna. The successful candidate will be someone who is very proactive, detail oriented and enjoys working as part of a collaborative team.
- Financial statements preparation
- Bank reconciliations
- Managing cashflow, including accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Monitor accounts receivable and follow up on delinquent accounts via phone and/or email
- GST/PST tax returns and supporting documentation
- Accounts reconciliation, including intercompany, prepaid assets
- Liaise with external accountants for review of engagement, taxation queries, and preparation of year-end documents
- Assisting with internal and external audits
- Preparation of statutory compliance and reporting
- Reconcile and streamline Intercompany transactions; ensure all intercompany POs are billed and corresponding transactions are entered in the respective entities
- Confirmation of intercompany balances at month end
- Assist with the month end close processes (preparation of journal entries, recurring entries and accruals)
- Process & reconcile corporate credit card statements and associated expense reports
- Preparing and submitting government tax remittances
- Maintain paper and electronic filing system to provide accurate paperwork records
- Proactively resolve discrepancies and outstanding issues
- Build relationships and effectively communicate with stakeholders, cross-functionally and within the department
- Take initiatives to help improve processes and adapt to changes
- Collaborating with the team to improve processes and controls
- Ad hoc accounting tasks and projects as assigned
- College or university degree or related certificate/diploma in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Accounting designation preferred
- 3-5 years working experience as intermediate accountant/experienced bookkeeper.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Positive attitude, organized, and a multitasker
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics, Great Plains
- Honesty and integrity
- Advanced Computer skills a must - highly proficient in the use of PowerPoint, Word, Access, Excel, and other Microsoft Office Applications to create documents and reports, etc.
Compensation: will be commensurate with experience.
Job Location: Kelowna
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position