Cambrian Credit Union is searching for an experienced leader who has a passion for innovative software development. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, as our Manager, Software Development you will lead a team of high-performing developers while maintaining a high standard of quality and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
With you as their leader, the development team will create and enhance member-driven software applications that encompass our core banking system to simplify, save and solve for our members and business needs. The ideal candidate is someone with a wealth of hands-on development experience in a .NET/Microsoft environment paired with the ability to bring out the best in people.
As the Manager, Software Development, you will:
- Drive software team culture via mentorship and coaching identifying areas of improvement as needed and providing opportunities for growth and skill development.
- Assist in planning, defining, designing, implementing, and managing mission-critical .Net and various other application environments.
- Use your expertise to run code reviews and define the coding standards for the team to follow.
- Participate in various cross-functional meetings, removing roadblocks for team members as required.
- Collaborate with various department and organizational leaders in planning, defining, designing and implementing key business applications.
- Propose and implement enhancements that will improve the user experience, reliability, and system functionality.
- Manage and maintain current and ongoing systems to ensure stability, security and the ability to continue to meet evolving business needs.
- Design, develop and maintain multiple applications, including Mobile Applications using JAVA 7(Android) and Objective-C (iOS).
What this role requires of you:
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in Computer Science.
- Experience with relational database architecture and SQL.
- Minimum 2 years of leadership experience managing Software Development teams
- Knowledge of software testing techniques and methodologies.
- Previous experience in the financial services industry considered an asset.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications.
- Critical thinker who analyzes information and uses logic to address issues, problems and challenges.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work with various stakeholders.
- Ability to work well in an environment with multiple and often changing priorities.
What we offer you in return:
Competitive salary, career progression and professional development, community involvement opportunities and comprehensive benefits package including a pension plan. This position is located at Cambrian’s Head Office on Broadway Avenue in Winnipeg.
How to apply:
Please submit your application to https://cambrian.easyapply.co/. Your resume and cover letter must clearly illustrate how you meet these qualifications.