There’s a side of Big Sky, Montana that speaks to those seeking something special. A vast 8,000 acre landscape where stunning natural beauty and an endless array of alpine adventures blend together to create a private club and mountain living experience like no other.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget. The mountain scenery, the direct access to some of the finest skiing at Big Sky Resort, the hiking, the golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and enjoy Montana.
Moonlight Basin is located right in the middle of the best things to see and do in Montana. You can visit Yellowstone National Park. Explore the national forest and wilderness lands. Come down to the town of Big Sky and shop, eat, and catch some music. Bozeman is a short drive and easily accessible by Skyline Bus.
Prepare and service beverages for servers and guests in a speedy, efficient, friendly, and professional manner.
- Prepare all drinks to Moonlight Basin standards and specifications for the customers and servers,
- Ensure that the proper materials and supplies are on hand.
- Connect with guests.
- Ensure that minors and intoxicated persons are not served alcoholic beverages.
- Act as the cashier for the servers when necessary.
- Provide guests with the best possible service skills and charm, while maintaining a professional distance and attitude.
- Continually create emotional attachments with each guest encounter and guarantee welcoming environment.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the bar area through disposing of all waste, clearing and cleaning all glassware, and wiping down bar and preparation areas throughout and at the end of shift.
- Provide an opening and closing inventory of spirits.
- Fill out requisitions and all necessary paperwork at the end of each shift.
- Education: High school or equivalent education required.
- Experience: One-year high volume bar experience required.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have worked at a fine dining level for one to two years.
- Licenses or Certificates
- Must be minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Moonlight Basin’s standards.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift 40 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis and occasionally lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment, including, but not limited to, cutlery used in the cutting of fruit.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities for this specific job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this position might differ from those outlined above and other duties may be assigned as necessary.