Located across from the Kelowna International Airport, the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kelowna Airport is currently accepting applications for a full-time Breakfast Attendant . We are a brand-new hotel, conveniently located on a bus route with a bus stop just outside our doors! This position pays $15.25 per hour plus a Summer Incentive Bonus of $1 per hour for every hour worked until Sept 7th!
The Breakfast Attendant will be responsible for welcoming our guests to the breakfast area, making sure they have everything they need to start the day off right. This is the ideal position for someone who shines in guest service, has excellent attention to detail, can multitask and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing personalized service to all guests
- Ability to work early mornings, weekdays and weekends
- Ensures Hamptonality is a part of the everyday work culture
- Setting up and maintaining the breakfast bar as required by brand standards
- Taking inventory of food, beverages and supplies needed for each day
- Preparing foods as per F&B Operations guidelines
- Understand, follow and implement food safe guidelines
- Setting out/arranging cold food, such as pastries, cereals, etc.
- Clearing and cleaning tables as they are vacated
- Preparing and setting up hot food items
- Restocking items consistently throughout breakfast hours and for the next day
- Washing serving equipment and returning to storage
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards
- Report any safety concerns or hazards to Supervisor or Manager on duty
- Assist with light cleaning duties & keeping the breakfast area looking its best
- Assist with light cleaning duties & keeping the front entrance/Hotel lobby area looking its best
- Attend to banquet spaces; refilling coffee, tea, water as necessary
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Manager
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school Diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Competent communication skills, in the form of: oral, reading and writing.
- Second language would be a great asset.
- Must be physically fit, will be required to lift and transport luggage upwards of 50 lbs
- Interpersonal skills: must be polite, professional and ensure passengers are satisfied with their experience
- Food Safe Certificate Level 1
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, days, weekends and holidays
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada without restriction