Job Title: Line Cook
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
A Line Cook prepares, seasons, and cooks food.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Carries pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from work stations, stove, and refrigerator
· Stores and dates foods in designated areas to be compliant with Board of Health standards
· Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils, segregates and removes garbage at end of shift
· Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grill, roasters, and steam kettles
· Precisely measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe and chef’s standards
· Portions food products according to chef’s standards
· Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked
· Carves meats, portions food on servings plates, adds gravies and sauces, and garnishes servings to fill orders
· Washes, peels, cuts and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use
· Prepares meats, poultry and seafood to exact specifications as required for production
· Bakes bread, rolls, cakes and pastry
· Handles food properly according to Serve Safe regulations
· Attends required trainings and meetings
· Delivers an exceptional experience through outstanding hospitality and food service to the guests
Other Duties and Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Continuous Learning - Seeks feedback and opportunities to improve performance; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
· Job Knowledge - Competent in cooking techniques, restaurant recipes and using kitchen appliances/equipment; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills
· Independence - Requires minimal supervision
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
· Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer orders and Chef’s directives
· Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension
· Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit
· Ethics - Works with honesty, integrity and professionalism
· Organizational Support - Follows restaurant policies and procedures
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction
· Judgement - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
· Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
· Efficient - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly
· Hygiene, Safety and Security - Observes hygiene, safety and security procedures (including hand washing); uses equipment and materials properly
· Focus – Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
· Must be able to work in a confined environment that is often hot and noisy
· Education and/or Experience - High school diploma or general education degree (GED); related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Certificates, Licenses, Registrations - Serve Safe recommended
· Physical Demands - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods of time. Bending, squatting, stooping for cleaning activities through the shift. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Frequent to continuous need for manual dexterity of both hands (pushing, pulling, handling, gripping, fine finger controls, etc.). Frequent exposure to cold/below freezing and high heat temperatures (walk-in refrigerator, freezers, and ovens).
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. The Company may modify the above description, from time to time, as necessary. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Companies managed by Long Shot Hospitality are Equal Opportunity Employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, service member status or any other classifications protected by local, state and federal laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
This job description is not a contract for employment. Employment at companies managed by Long Shot Hospitality is on an “at-will” basis and is for no definite period and may be terminated at any time with or without cause and with or without notice. Equally, employees are free to terminate their employment at any time for any reason. This at-will employment policy applies to all employees of companies owned by Long Shot Hospitality.