The Construction Loan Analyst role is integral to SSC’s asset management and servicing activities with a primary focus on processing construction and renovation draw requests for borrowers and investment partners. Along with outstanding written and verbal communication, the candidate must display excellent interpersonal and analytical skills that foster strong interaction with team leaders and clients.
Duties and Functions:
- Review and process construction/renovation draw requests and serve as a primary point of contact with borrowers and partner banks.
- Coordinate with third parties including construction consultants, legal and title agents to ensure that draw requests are complete and accurate.
- Update and maintain internal draw tracking spreadsheets and work with loan servicing team to ensure balances are accurately maintained and any issues such as budget variances, are addressed.
- Prepare periodic forecast of capital needs for future construction draws and reconcile relative to required completion dates in loan documentation.
- Support senior team members and coordinate funding's with loan servicing team and other stakeholders.
- Develop process improvements and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understanding of real estate construction and loan fundamentals.
- Exemplary communications (verbal and written), organization and presentation skills.
- Exceptional project management skills. Effective in prioritizing work and following through on commitments.
- High degree of initiative and ability to work effectively in teams or independently.
- Highly proficient using Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers. Collaborative approach with business partners at all levels of the organization.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or a related field applicable to construction/development
- Hotel real estate experience a plus
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience in a real estate construction and/or lending/ finance role. Draw processing experience a plus.
Peachtree Hotel Corporate is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled