- Set up and operate assigned production machine in accordance with established policy and procedure.
- Operate equipment safely
- Monitor raw material for quality and report issues or concerns.
- Use computer controlled equipment to select, position, and secure automatic or semi-automatic machines.
- Ensure that the machine is operating at maximum efficiency while maintaining good manufacturing practices.
- Use weekly production directives to adjust machines to produce the proper type of fishmeal or fish oil.
- Monitor quality of work produced and adjust the process to achieve high-quality output.
- Responsible for performing and documenting minor repairs to the machine as needed during a shift.
- Reporting of issues that require maintenance outside of capabilities.
- Ensuring that all Good Manufacturing Processes are followed.
- Following housekeeping, GMP+, and food safety rules and regulations.
- Recommend process improvements to enhance operational efficiency.
- Identify and report unsafe operations to a supervisor.
- Maintain work area in a clean, safe, and organized fashion.
- Breakdown and repair of all machinery in the plant.
- Assist mechanics, electricians, welders, and management in the turnaround of the plant in preparation for the next season.
- Adherence to all HSE and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Active participation in safety, environmental, and compliance meetings.
- Complete annual training in GMP+, Safety Practices, machine-specific training etc.
DAYBROOK FISHERIES, INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled