ECO Canada champions the environmental sector and the end-to-end career journey of environmental professionals. Our aim is to help the environmental sector in Canada thrive and we do this through wage funding, consulting, accreditation, certification, training and much more. Working for ECO Canada means you live an environmentally conscious way daily. We are looking for like-minded individuals who want to get more fulfillment than just a 9-5 job and can feel proud of their daily contributions.
As a key member of our growing Sales team, you will usually be one of the first interactions clients have with ECO. As such, you will need to be able to explain the wide variety of products ECO Canada has to offer in a simple fashion. Your primary responsibility is to help turn leads into qualified opportunities by partnering with marketing and sales to create and execute program and outbound lead generation campaigns. This position requires heavy outbound phone calling, qualification, consultative selling skills, and tight collaboration with Marketing and Account Executives to generate new opportunities. You’ll grow your own base of key accounts through a combination of inside sales and outreach to ideal clients.
ECO Canada is a growing company with many opportunities for advancement and will strive to help you grow and achieve your personal career goals.
- Develop opportunities for the sales team from prospecting and marketing-generated leads.
- Engage with prospects via email, LinkedIn, text, and telephone with high attention to detail.
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity quotas to ensure territory revenue objectives.
- Develop and execute a strong prospecting plan of attack, including email and call scripts and build lasting relationships with clients
- Track all relevant qualifications and lead management activity using Pipedrive.
- Quickly learn ECO Canada’s products, effectively communicate our value proposition and be able to react to objections and competitive questions.
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and engage to stimulate opportunities.
- Use your outstanding communication and customer service skills when interacting with clients
- Perform follow up, lead calls, monitoring calls to clients
- Become an ECO Canada ambassador and represent the company at events across Canada
- Give feedback to the marcom team on the quality of leads & assets that resonate with prospects
Qualifications and Education
- 1-2 years of proven excellence in business development, inside sales, and/or sales
- Strong understanding of SDR and lead development best practices and procedures
- Positive can-do attitude and tireless work ethic. Driven and self-sufficient with an ability to problem solve with clients in mind
- Strong organizational and time management skills combined with an acute attention to detail
- Well-developed, independent work ethic along with ability to communicate with the team and external parties
- Motivated self-starter with a strong desire to learn and a willingness to adapt to a variety of situations
- Bilingual in English and French considered an asset
- Must be willing to travel periodically throughout Canada
- 100% reliable and detail-oriented with a drive to execute flawlessly
This role is a full-time position, with a three-month probationary period upon start date and the opportunity for a hybrid work arrangement (minimum 3 days per week at the Calgary office and the option to work remotely for the remaining 2).
If you feel you are the perfect fit for the position and looking to join a company culture that is fun, flexible and defined by our collective drive for success, please apply now through our website. Please upload your resume and cover letter as one PDF file. Applicants who do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.