GERBER GROUP is seeking Receivers to join the team!
Hospitality industry leader, Gerber Group, encompasses iconic venues under such brands as Irvington, Kingside, The Roof, Mr. Purple, The Campbell Bar, and Taco Electrico in NYC. Now, Gerber Group is expanding, more specifically, opening a property in the TWA Hotel in Queens and is looking to add passionate, talented individuals to the growing, Gerber Group team!
Responsible for receiving and storing all deliveries, ensuring product accuracy, quality, zoning and rotation. Also responsible for assisting in the general cleanliness of the storage areas and back of the house. Assists with prep duties as dictated by supervisors.
Must be willing and able to:
• Complete sidework when and as assigned.
• Perform functions contained in Barback and/or Busser job descriptions.
• Accurately read purchase orders and product invoices.
• Receive restaurant deliveries and check for accuracy and quality.
• Store deliveries following standing zoning procedures.
• Assist with proper storage according to standing operating procedure.
• Rotate all perishable items using the “first in first out” method of storage.
• Communicate cordially, effectively and clearly with co-workers, vendors and delivery personnel.
• Perform duties of position alone and without assistance if necessary.
• Become proficient at job functions within one week of start date.
• Perform calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Perform more than one task at a time.
• Perform varied duties to ensure proper back of house operation according to standing operating procedure.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area to ensure safety.
• Maintain quality standards.
• Communicate problems to management immediately.
• Inventory supplies and communicate needs to management.
• Organize and clean all coolers and storage areas.
• Assist in maintaining the general cleanliness of the back of the house.
Must be willing and able to:
• Comply with dress code.
• Maintain and clean uniform as required.
• Maintain a well manicured appearance and persona that reflects the established image of the company.
• Be an active team player.
• Follow supervisor’s instructions.
• Work under more than average stressful conditions.
• Make appropriate judgment calls under stressful conditions.
• Maintain clean and orderly work area throughout shift and leave it ready for business for the following shift.
• Follow proper hand washing procedure.
• Follow sanitation guidelines according to standing operating procedure.
• Read and be accountable for the information in the Employee Handbook and Training and Safety Manuals.
Prefer previous restaurant/bar experience or the equivalent. At least one year of receiver experience.
The following are some rules that must be recognized:
• May not take or give away any unauthorized company property including food or beverage.
• May not eat or drink certain unauthorized items during a shift.
• May not work under the influence of alcohol or other mood altering substances.
• May not keep any unauthorized items in personal locker.
• May not resort to any physical violence or harassing behavior.
• May not hint, connive or question a guest regarding a gratuity.
Failure to abide by these and other conditions of employment of the company set forth elsewhere can subject an employee to disciplinary action including termination.
The TWA Hotel outsources some positions to third-party vendors. By your use of the TWA Hotel’s online job portal, you acknowledge and agree that your résumé and any other submitted documents will be directed to third-party vendors when appropriate — and that hiring decisions are at the sole discretion of those vendors. The vendor will be the sole employer of the individual filling that job position