ABOUT VERTAVA HEALTH: Vertava Health is a leading national behavioral healthcare system for mental health and substance use disorders, providing a full continuum of services based on the individuals' varying needs at different times in their health and recovery journey. We apply evidence-based treatment modalities at every level of care and embed digital health tools to enhance and amplify clinical outcomes. With a growing list of Joint Commission accredited inpatient and outpatient locations across the country, a virtual care platform and a national network of healthcare providers, Vertava Health pioneers care that empowers people so that they can live out their best future.
In order to make this possible, we need an exceptional Therapist who can meet the requirements below. Think you have what it takes to help us change lives all over the country?
As a therapist at Vertava Health, you will have a primary role in the planning and delivery of evidence based treatment to a cohort of adult patients with substance use disorders. You will conduct therapeutic sessions with individuals, groups, and families. You will use your understanding of the disease model of addiction; motivational interviewing (MI); and the tenets of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) to help patients progress towards their goals and live out their best future.
Depending on the location of the facility, this role is appropriate for Master’s level candidates who are currently licensed, or license-eligible with experience in mental health and addiction treatment.
You will work closely with counselors, case managers, and the entire treatment team in a supportive, team-based approach that models collaborative, solution-based problem solving, and authentic communication.
Priority responsibilities include:
Assessments and Treatment Planning
- Conduct comprehensive bio-psycho-social assessments with newly admitted patients
- Assess and document risk of harm to self or others
- Develop a treatment plan with patient-specific goals, interventions, and timeframes
- Collaborate with treatment team to plan appropriate aftercare
Individual, Group, and family therapy
- Conduct individual therapy sessions with patients
- Lead process groups on a range of topics related to addiction, recovery, and wellbeing
- Facilitate family sessions
- Develop and lead specialty groups or sessions unique to your interests and expertise
- Leverage de-escalation skills to ensure patient safety and reduce AMA risk
- Maintain and promote healthy boundaries
- Promote and protect each patient’s independence, privacy, dignity, and emotional and physical well being
- Complete progress notes for individual, group, and family sessions
- Update treatment plans to reflect patient progress and challenges
- Capture any safety concerns and interventions or referrals initiated
- Document all clinical assessments as required
Training and Competencies
- Learn and follow company-established policies and procedures
- Remain current with all required trainings and certifications
- Receive biweekly supervision
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Masters degree in social work, counseling, or other related fields required
- State certification or licensure strongly preferred
- Previous experience with addiction and/or behavioral health disorders preferred
- Ability to use hands and fingers, talk or hear
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and reach continually. Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch frequently
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Close vision required to see computer monitor, read documents, and operate copy and fax machine
- Work environment is indoors and climate controlled. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions
Vertava Health is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled