PART-TIME AFTER SCHOOL YOUTH LEADER
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Part-Time
Plans, implements, supervises and evaluates all programs and activities in the Core Program areas for Club youth. Program areas include education, athletics, arts & crafts, technology and games room. Develop and foster healthy relationships, with all members, at the assigned club. Bi-lingual, English/Spanish is a plus.
- Ensure programs, services, and activities that prepare youth for success, promoting the safety of member and the quality of programs at all times. Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
- Planning, organizing and implementing a range of non-competitive programs and activities for drop-in members and visitors daily.
- Initiating new and creative program activities. Promoting and stimulating program participation.
- Identifying opportunities for implementing new programs to benefit club members.
- Monitoring and evaluation of program achievement against target goals, recommending modifications that respond to member needs and interests and participating in weekly staff meetings.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment, supervising members.
- Manage facilities and ensure a productive environment, maintaining an inventory of all program equipment and supplies in good order.
- Recommend and requisition supplies needed for the assigned area.
- Work with the Club Director to prepare department budget.
- Recruit, train and manage assigned volunteers; provide ongoing feedback; identify and support development opportunities.
- Engage parents regarding opportunities and expectations of club members, as well as general club participation.
- Work with staff on special events and facilitate programs in any department when needed.
- Must participate in the Pick-Up Program as needed.
- Complete any required or mandated training and/or professional development
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact as needed with eternal community groups, schools, member’s parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years ‘experience working with youth and families required.
- Demonstrated ability and interest in working with youth required.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written required.
- Bi-lingual, English/Spanish is preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word & Excel), required.
- Must be able to interpret Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Houston, Inc programs, and philosophy.
- Valid Texas driver’s license preferred (may be required at some Club locations.)
- Must adhere to the BGCGH Employee Code of Conduct
The information presented indicates the general nature of work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled