Associate Category/Channel Manager â€“ Durable Goods and E-Commerce
SUMMARY: Supports the strategic & tactical development (4Ps) and overall daily category business management for â€œEquipment & Suppliesâ€ at the largest independent hydroponic manufacturer and distributor in North America. A major focus is the detail understanding, development & management of the Category, Channel or Project Financials. Works closely with and supports the Category Manager or Channel Managers who runs the virtual business team that is cross-functional in design and contributes to the overall category and its future direction. Also focuses on the day-to-day mechanics of the business to ensure the category or channel is maintained and functioning efficiently. Supports the Category Manager or Channel Manager with more in-depth insights around hydroponic equipment and supplies ranging from environmental controls, seed starting/cloning goods, AC/dehumidification, fans, air filters, etc. Will also assist with product costing, identifying regional distribution implications to cost and margins, working with vendors regarding marketing assets, and compiling optimal solutions for improved margin management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In conjunction with Category/Channel Manager, provides insights and data to support the development of annual business plans for the category/channel. Along with Category Manager owns the financial targets of Gross Sales and Remitted Margin %s on an annual basis.
- Works closely and jointly with Channels Marketing on design and implementation of trade marketing programs in appropriate channels.
- Cross Functional Business Participant â€“ Works as part of virtual business team, which has financial procurement, sourcing, R&D and sales/channel representation.
- Works jointly with marketing to develop â€œconsumerâ€ and â€œbusinessâ€ based marketing initiatives in line with the overall marketing plan. Owns the direction and content of the message but relies heavily on marketing expertise to most effectively and efficiently deliver the message to â€œPrime Prospectsâ€.
- Supports New Product Development communication efforts â€“ assists with research and concept development. Owns onboarding of new products â€“ working with purchasing, PD, finance and customer service to ensure proper information and vetting for Item Master Management.
- Co-owns the SKU Optimization annual exercise to drive improved productivity.
- Assists with product training and onboarding and orients the selling organization through the most effective means and materials. Acts as liaison between selling organization and vendors.
- Review cost changes and works with Pricing Analysis to create new price models with targeted margins.
- Handles regulatory changes to house brand packaging and works with regulatory consultant to seek state approvals. Works with vendors to implement new packaging after state approvals are finalized.
- Monitors and manages lead times and freight costs with emphasis on equipment and supply related items. Implements price changes as needed to compensate for changes in freight costs. Communicates these changes to the selling organization.
- Monitors inventory and forecasts to make sure we are meeting demand. Works with procurement organization to react to changes in demand.
- Manages and executes training and orientation to product usage and application and communicates industry trends and initiatives to continuously stay on top of trends/opportunities and educate the selling and broader organization.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
FUNCTIONAL UNDERSTANDING OF:
Â· Product Development/R&D
Â· Trade marketing & Consumer Marketing
Â· Trade/Channels Management
Â· Financial Management
Â· Sourcing, Logistics, QA
Â· Driving Strategic Partnerships
â€¢ The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic, cross-functional, entrepreneurial environment.
â€¢ Requires strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to keep other functional areas apprised of and engaged in the team's and category initiatives.
â€¢ This position requires a technical understanding and business-minded background to manage and develop a category of products where market share is built in the most profitable financial manner.
â€¢ E-Commerce experience, especially with third-party marketplace platforms such as Amazon is a plus.
â€¢ College degree
â€¢ Cross functional Experience with Product Development, Sales, Marketing and Finance.
â€¢ Well versed in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Â· Motivated, driven and curious critical thinker when working alone.
Â· Passionate, positive and collaborative team player when working in a cross-function environment.
Â· World-class communicator with creativity and analytical mindset to build, pitch and execute your business case.
Â· Action-biased and project-driven with process/product improvement.
Â· Experience in category/product/brand/channel management or similar positions.
Â· Indoor grow experience is a plus.
Â· Knowledge of the overall horticulture/hydroponics industry is a plus.
Â· Financial experience with costing, margins, including basic cost & benefits analysis.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position