Laundry Attendant (ref 5505)
If you are looking for a team that brings out the best in each other, a team that has fun and are proud of their work - we want to hear from you!
We are on a bus route, with a stop just outside of the hotel, and are offering temporary shared accommodation. We also pickup our employees from the bus loop at UBCO! This position currently pays $17.00-$17.50 per hour, plus discounts on Food & Beverage, Hotel stays, and Marina activities at our sister properties!
This is a part time opportunity. Weekend availability is preferred.
What we offer:
- Staff Accommodation
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Hampton Inn & Suites Kelowna Airport).
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Marriott brands.
- An excellent work environment, with a focus on staff recognition, teambuilding and an atmosphere of growth and development.
- Internal growth and a culture of promotion from within. Supervisor and Management positions open to internal applicants for four hotels within Kelowna.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining a neatly groomed appearance (uniform clean and name tag on)
- Must be able to work well in a team atmosphere, as well as independently
- Being able to fully operate laundry machines and understand how they function
- Provide the Housekeeping department with clean linen and cleaning tools, folding all linen to the hotel’s standard
- Keeping work area and machines clean; ensure any machine defects are reported promptly to Manager
- Manually transport and distribute laundry to pre-designated locations
- Handle chemicals in a cautious and responsible manner in compliance with MSDS
- Keep track of damaged/repairable inventory
- Separate all linen/towels accordingly, including any types of stains. Need to be able to sort dirty linen in time for pick up according to the pick-up/delivery schedule provided
- Keep Housekeeping Leadership informed of the need to know, such as: excessive staining, excessive damages, any problems with laundry service and all issues that may affect the laundry function
- Will need to be ab le to provide outstanding customer service to all of our guests
- Take online training as required by Marriott
- Available to work varied shifts: days, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established goals and requirements
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to stand and walk up to 8 hours a day
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to handle repetitious movement such as pulling, pushing, lifting and bending up to 6 hours a day
- Must have exceptional time management skills
- Ability to work in warm conditions (machinery) and a medium noise level
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position