Senior Systems Engineer II (Backup)
E-INFOSOL LLC is seeking a highly motivated Senior Systems Engineer III (Storage) to be a Full-time employee in Pocatello, ID. Come join a team that collaborates across the entire organization to bring the right solution to our customers and drive innovation.
The Senior Systems Engineer III (Storage) will be responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base storage & backup system, but for all features, components and application dependencies. This will also include Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), Tape, local disk, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and provide advanced trouble shooting support for backup & recovery Infrastructure.
- Serve as the advanced knowledge resource for all backup, recovery, and data replication issues to complex system problems ensuring system reliability.
- Provision/configure required backup & recovery for servers.
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout backup and replication failures.
- Create recovery processes for hardware failures and performance bottlenecks and configure alerts for proactive response times.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability to include verification of the replication of data, fail over copies, redundant data sets.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 3rd level support
- Ability to liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
- Integrate systems with Windows and Linux as it applies to core service dependencies. Engineer and implement solutions for multi factor authentication with FBI standardized software and hardware.
- Document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys.
- Maintain accurate information related to backup physical and virtual inventory and provide regular reports on incidents, problems, and mitigation steps.
- Continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
- 6+ years of experience with Net Backup
- NetBackup and IBM Spectrum Protect Suite experience for the backup portion
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Must be US Citizen with an Active Top Secret/SCI eligibility
E-INFOSOL is a Service Disabled and Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. We are a premiere IT Security, Cloud and Virtualization provider servicing both federal and state government, and private sector customers. Through strategic partnerships with top industry players such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMware, Microsoft and Nutanix, we are able to provide an array of IT products and solutions, combining them with our expertise.
E-INFOSOL has 10 years in the digital world expanding with new clientele and jobs rapidly. E-INFOSOL is constantly aware of, technical changes within IT and wants to ensure future candidates can make a difference with contributing their different skills and knowledge. We offer an array of architectural, engineering, and information technological jobs to a diverse group of candidates. Come join the E-INFOSOL family and be a part of the vast growing culture that contributes to the world.
PID: PID: 22-0408002