There’s a side of Big Sky, Montana that speaks to those seeking something special. A vast 8,000 acre landscape where stunning natural beauty and an endless array of alpine adventures blend together to create a private club and mountain living experience like no other.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget. The mountain scenery, the direct access to some of the finest skiing at Big Sky Resort, the hiking, the golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and enjoy Montana.
Moonlight Basin is located right in the middle of the best things to see and do in Montana. You can visit Yellowstone National Park. Explore the national forest and wilderness lands. Come down to the town of Big Sky and shop, eat, and catch some music. Bozeman is a short drive and easily accessible by Skyline Bus.
The Housekeeping Manager will be responsible for management and day-to-day operations for the Housekeeping department.
Essential Job Functions:
· Able to recruit, lead and motivate people.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills, fluency in English.
· Highly organized and flexible.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and relate to people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
· Self-starter; able to carry out diverse duties with minimal supervision.
· Professional demeanor.
· Knowledge of resort and club operations.
· Ability to manage staff, including hiring, training, coaching, discipline, etc.
· Ability to use online recruiting system for reviewing applications, interviewing, and hiring new associates.
· Ability to create proper documentation for recruiting, coaching, safety, discipline, etc.
· Ability to coordinate with other departments on a daily basis.
· Conducting inspections of all areas inside the Lodge, Clubhouse, rental properties, vicinity around the swimming pool and hot tub, comfort stations on the golf course, and yurts to ensure adherence to cleanliness and maintenance standards.
· Management of housekeeping team including mentoring, coaching, counseling and training; scheduling associates.
· Ordering and inventory of all housekeeping supplies.
· Building an exceptional housekeeping team.
· Monitor and approve associate hours.
· Utilizing recruiting system software to post positions and review applications.
· Hire, train, supervise and develop associates for maximum effectiveness.
· Provide seamless associate relations, ensuring proper training and culture integration.
· Establish safe working conditions through appropriate training.
· Uphold Moonlight Basin core values, and lead associates to do the same.
Secondary Job Functions:
· Provide support to other departments during special events.
· Other duties as assigned by the Director of Lodge and Dining and other members of the management team.
· High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
· Two plus years’ experience in housekeeping within a luxury resort.
· Must have Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
· Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
· Ability to prepare and analyze data, figures and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
· Knowledge of club/hotel housekeeping operations.
· Must possess basic computer skills.
· Budgetary analysis capabilities required.
· Knowledge of housekeeping service techniques and cost controls such as manpower, productivity and other expenses.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Previous experience in a supervisory role
· Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day.
· Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length.
· Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
· Must be able to lift up to 15-40 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
· Must be able to walk, stand, sit, bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks.
· Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities for this specific job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this position might differ from those outlined above and other duties may be assigned as necessary.