Assistant General Manager - Brickhouse Kitchen & Bar
At Murphy Hospitality Group we pride ourselves on an exceptionally high standard of quality service and products. It takes the best people to reach this higher standard of excellence. We believe in extensive training and providing our people with an excellent benefits program, competitive wages, advancement and professional development opportunities. At MHG it’s all about the people!
Brickhouse Kitchen & Bar
At Brickhouse Kitchen & Bar our food is our story, you can see it in every plate we prepare. We take passion to the plate, telling the story of the Brickhouse and of our own journeys as cooks.
We feel the only way to tell these stories is by supporting local merchants and suppliers. We locally source the best ingredients to create dishes inspired by our life experiences.
As Assistant General Manager, You Will
Work under the direction of the General Manager and with the front of house management team taking an active role in all aspects of restaurant operations. Including, staffing, scheduling, cost controls, staff training, and administration. The Assistant General Manager will be responsible for overseeing team members and taking an active role during daily service, consistently providing quality service to our guests.
- Demonstrate and communicate the Brickhouse vision and culture to all team members and lead by example
- Ensure team members provide a memorable guest experience through coaching and fostering a positive working culture by reinforcing the MHG values daily, exciting team members with their positive nature
- Work with the General Manager and management team to meet all projected goals when it comes to restaurant operations and the vision of MHG including marketing, human resources, financials, and cost controls.
- Encourage a culture that revolves around memorable guest experiences, craft beer, and quality food
- Train and develop team members in various positions within the front of the house.
- Coach team members through conflict resolution and problem-solving
- Work for maximum efficiency and continual improvement of staff productivity
- Perform all front of house duties as needed, including hosting, bartending serving and expediting.
- Build and maintain authentic relationships with guests and team members
Who You Are / What You Bring
- Experience working in a full-service high volume restaurant
- Previous experience in front of house restaurant management is considered a strong asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, juggling different priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- Applicants must possess a passion for creating memorable guest experiences
- Must possess a goal-oriented individual with a desire for personal and professional development within the hospitality industry
What We Offer
- Retirement Savings Matching Program
- Tip Share Program
- Health & Dental benefits
- Growth & Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellness & Fitness programs
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position