The Food Runner is responsible for supporting the restaurant and theatre staff by delivering food and other items to guests in a professional, timely, and friendly manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Delivering food and items ordered by guests without delay, at the desired temperature and in a highly presentable manner
- Arranging, organizing, and restocking all condiments
- Clearing and cleaning any theatre small wares
- Washing lobby tables and chairs and maintaining cleanliness of the self serve areas
- Providing friendly, gracious, motivated, detail oriented, and responsive service to create a memorable experience for guests
- Performing cleaning side work as assigned
- Supporting concession and box office in other duties as required
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Previous restaurant and/or theatre experience strongly preferred
- High energy and stamina are required
- Ability to stay calm and work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to prioritize job duties and manage time effectively
- Strong verbal communication skills required
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required
- Excellent customer service to treat patrons like family
- The ability to read menus, safety documents, etc.
- The ability to use the company’s POS system
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 6 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must have the stamina to work 50 to 60 hours per week.