Retirement Center Management, a leader in the senior living industry has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Director of Maintenance in the Houston market.
The Director of Maintenance manages daily facilities operations and provides supervision for any maintenance staff and housekeeping. Coordinates and manages equipment replacement and facility improvement projects. Establishes, maintains and monitors test and inspection activities for utility and equipment management programs. Assures code compliance with AHCA, TJC, NFPA, ADA, OSHA, county, and city codes. Develops staff and provides training programs on equipment, systems, principles of operation and safety. Must desire to work with seniors and have a tolerance for behaviors associated with dementia and other aging processes.
Must be available to report during non-scheduled hours if needed and take call on rotation. Also participates in the Manager on Duty rotation.
- Manage all requests for maintenance maintaining the job order log through completion.
- Subject matter expert on carpentry, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems. Performs repairs as needed or arranges for repairs.
- Monitor and maintain all building systems, testing as needed or required by code. This includes fire drills, generators (if any), replacement of filters and bulbs, HVAC systems, and kitchen equipment, plumbing, carpentry, health department regulations and OSHA.
- Assure all preventive maintenance is performed timely either personally, through subordinates, or outside contractors.
- Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance service as needed.
- Maintains a professional appearance and good hygiene per company policies.
- Coordinate, manage, and oversee work of all outside contractors.
- Direct others to complete maintenance requests or complete job order personally.
- Direct staff to complete make ready of vacant resident rooms, perform work to complete make ready as needed.
- Assure compliance with all building codes and safety codes.
- Identify needs for external contractors. Obtain quotes and advise Executive Director. Obtain approval prior to engaging contractors.
- Responsible for community safety programs, safety committee and training including OSHA, risk assessment, disaster planning, fire drills.
- Member of the community’s emergency response team.
- Supervision of maintenance staff, if any, and Housekeeping.
- Participates in the hiring, discipline, assessment, and termination of direct reports.
- Recommends compensation at hire, promotion and merit.
- Assures all functions are staffed through the development and maintenance of employee schedules.
High School Graduate or GED required.
Five plus years as a Maintenance Technician, prior supervision of support staff highly desired.
Must have experience with multi-story buildings preferably in hospitality, senior living or property management.
Two to three years as a Director or Manager highly desired.
Training and Certifications:
Valid Texas Driver’s License
Positive Driving Record that meets our insurance standards
Special Skills and/or Abilities:
Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position in accordance with the job description.
Excellent communication and customer service skills.
Must be experienced with electronic maintenance orders and on-line ordering systems.
Must pass a background check and drug screen.
Retirement Center Management considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment with Retirement Center Management are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.
Retirement Center Management is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled