PT Visual Arts Assistant
PT Visual Arts Assistant
Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
Reports to: Manager of Visual Arts
Direct Reports: None
Supports Visual Arts and Education programs including classes, camps, family programs and birthday parties. Serves as point of contact for Teaching Artists for select Visual Arts programs. Maintains art classrooms including supplies, organization and scheduling. Develops and facilitates projects for select Visual Arts events and programs.
- Facilitates visual arts program evaluation and data collection.
- Schedules Teaching Artists for festivals & events.
- Provides routine maintenance and upkeep of Visual Arts classroom spaces. Report any damages or cleaning needs to Maintenance.
- Serves as back-up for Visual Arts Class Registrar.
Festivals and Events
- Works with the Visual Arts team to plan and coordinate special events, communicates and coordinates with other community organizations, vendors, and artists.
- Creates themes, crafts, and activities for festivals and events including First Friday, Celebrations, The SouthSide Arts & Music Festival, The InVision Photography Festival, Oktoberfest, Christkindlmarkt, Musikfest, and Peepsfest.
- Research pricing for project materials and makes project samples in advance to document for promotional purposes.
- Provides on-site support for craft areas at all festivals and events.
- Coordinates art birthday parties by processing requests, maintaining a database, creating agreements and invoices, scheduling rooms and teachers, and providing follow up and customer service support to patrons. Provides on-site support for all parties.
· Assists Visual Arts Specialist with gallery installations.
· Facilitates supply requests from Teaching Artists in Formstack.
· Manage supply inventory and oversee classroom maintenance, organization, and safety; code supplies for tuition classes, summer camps, festival projects, and other programing for budgeting purposes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Arts Administration, Arts Education, Studio Art, Museum Studies, Art History or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in an education or an arts setting preferred.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; high level of energy; ability to manage competing priorities effectively.
- Ability to interact with a diverse population including students of all ages and abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively and courteously with artists, staff, educators and the public.
- Strong communicator, excellent oral and written skills.
- A passion for the arts, music and cultural programs
- Ability to use a computer and phone. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook required. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Patron’s Edge, a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays in order to support our festivals and events year-round.
- Assist Visual Arts Specialist with gallery installations.
Physical Abilities Required:
· Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, stoop, talk, hear, see, use computer, keyboard, mouse, phone.
· Ability to speak, hear and listen effectively
· Ability to bend and lift up to 10 pounds frequently and 25 pounds occasionally with or without reasonable accommodation.
ArtsQuest has a culture of CARES; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation and Sustainability; In order to be successful at ArtsQuest you must be willing and able to take ownership, and make significant contributions to the success of the organization:
- We value a collaborative work style as well as the ability to work cross-functionally.
- We not only work in an office environment in close vicinity with other staff members, across multiple buildings, we also work outdoors in all types of weather during festivals and events.
- We sometimes work long and unusual hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays
Note: This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job.
FLSA Status: Part-Time Hourly
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.