Our Story So Far
Founded in 1862, FAO Schwarz is one of the oldest and most iconic toy retailers in the world. Frederick August Otto Schwarz dreamed of a marvelous, bountiful emporium full of extraordinary, one-of-a-kind toys from all over the world. His dream became a reality, and as one of America's oldest brands, we have provided this wonder to families for more than 160 years.
The Seasonal Toy Demonstrator is responsible for bringing our toys to life through demonstration to engage and delight guests, as well as delivering the FAO Schwarz brand to each guest as they visit the store, ensuring they receive care, attention, and excitement. Seasonal Toy Demonstrators will perform live, interactive toy demonstrations for numerous products across specific areas of the store.
This is a seasonal role with an expected end date in early January. Seasonal Associates who meet or exceed key requirements may apply to stay on after the seasonal end date.
Reporting to: Sales Manager
What Youâ€™ll Do
- Use the FAO Schwarz selling vision to effectively engage and delight each guest.
- Create authentic connections with guests to build rapport during their visit, at times handling multiple guests simultaneously.
- Be able to adapt your style to engage both children and adults as they visit us in the store.
- Demonstrate great selling techniques to meet or exceed sales goals and KPIs.
- Be the expert in your demonstration station and ensure all information provided is accurate.
- Able to demonstrate in front of a large audience or one-on-one with the purpose of driving sales.
- Make recommendations to evolve and innovate the toy demonstrations and overall store experience that will excite our guests.
- Share expertise with colleagues to help elevate experiences for our guests.
- Be able to replenish areas of the store as needed to maintain standards.
- Be able to flex outside assigned demonstration as needed to support the wider store.
- Maintain good understanding of store layout and local area to be able to effectively and accurately handle guest queries.
What You Have
- A dynamic and engaging personality with the ability to deliver an exciting theatrical performance in front of crowds or one-on-one with guests.
- The ability to impact sales through effective toy demonstration
- A love of toys and the FAO brand
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal ability
- Experience in a performance, acting, music, or dance background a plus.
- 1+ year experience in a fast-paced premium retail or experience-based environment preferred
- Flexible availability in line with a Flagship Retail environment across days, evenings and weekends.
- Capable of lifting up to 25 pounds, and bending, twisting, and standing for long periods of time.
This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by this role. Employees are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
FAO Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
FAO Schwarz strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, interns, or any other covered persons, on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin including ancestry, ethnicity, sex including pregnancy, gender identity, and transgender status, gender, physical or mental disability, including gender dysphoria and similar gender-related conditions, alienage or citizenship status, military status, including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and local laws, with respect to hiring, promotion, discipline, firing, compensation, benefits, or other terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, or during the course of your employment, please contact the Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply online at faoschwarz.com/pages/careers; Indeed.com; or GetHired.com
FAO Schwarz is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled