Job Title: Senior Software Specialist
Location: Columbia, MD
Pay: Based on experience
Start Date: ASAP
TS/SCI clearance with polygraph REQUIRED
We would like to invite software engineers interested in enabling data analytics with new and emerging technologies to join our team driven by innovation in an environment of Respect. Reward. Recognition.
- A minimum of 10 years of software development experience in multiple languages (e.g., Java, C, C++)
- Within the last seven (7) years, a minimum of five (5) years experience developing with Java in a Linux environment
- Within the last five (5) years, a minimum of three (3) years of experience with MongoDB
- Within the last three (3) years, a minimum of one (1) year of experience with Spring – including Spring Data, Spring Boot, Spring Integration, Spring Framework, and Spring Security.
- Within the last three (3) years, a minimum of one (1) year of experience working within an Eclipse IDE.
- Within the last three (3) years, a minimum of one (1) year experience designing applications with and developing interfaces between Accumulo/HBase, Infosphere Streams, Tomcat, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Kafka, and Hadoop/MapReduce/Zookeeper, SpringMVC
- Within the last seven (7) years, a minimum of two (2) years experience leading a software development team on a mid- to large-scale development project in a research environment
- Demonstrated experience with the design & development of applications for use in a distributed computing environment
- Demonstrated experience with the design & development of user interfaces
- Demonstrated experience with the debugging applications in a distributed computing environment.
- Demonstrated experience with Docker
- Demonstrated experience with NGINX
- Demonstrated experience with Kafka
- Demonstrated experience with Redis
- Demonstrated experience with Git
- Demonstrated experience with systems architecture design
- Demonstrated experience writing in-motion and at-rest analytics
- Familiarity with workflows and formats
- Familiarity with continuous build and Jenkins environment
- Demonstrated experience with machine learning techniques and their implementation
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law