Part-Time Retail Platz Assistant
Part-Time Retail Platz Assistant
Reports to: Operations Manager
Direct Reports: None
Arts Quest Values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging.
Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
Responsible for providing exceptional customer service and accurately processing customer purchases, for inventory control, merchandising and display of retail merchandise.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing exceptional customer service to our patrons
- Processing guest transactions through the use of a computerized POS system/computer, including handling cash, credit/debit cards, gift cards, coupons, etc.
- Support of daily operations of Platz.
- Assisting with inventory control, unloading deliveries, stocking shelves, displaying merchandise.
- Placing product in assigned areas and maintaining an organized storage environment.
- Moving product from storage locations to the retail sales floor.
- Assist in set-up and display as well as take-down, counting, reconciliation and storage of retail and performer merchandise.
- Maintaining inventory levels and a neat store appearance during normal operating hours.
- Assist in physical inventory two times per year.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Availability to work during the hours of: Thursdays – 110a – 8p, Fridays 10a – 8p; Saturdays 10 AM-8 PM and Sundays 10 AM-6 PM as well as during festivals and events (times may vary).
- Outgoing, approachable, and friendly; ability to smile, converse with supervisor and patrons.
- Professional, responsible individual with a positive outlook.
- Requires ability work quickly, neatly, and accurately and assume responsibility, often without direct supervision.
- Must feel comfortable handling money; cash register experience is preferred; training will be provided.
- At least 1 year of previous experience as a cashier and/or customer service representative in a retail environment or equivalent.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task a must.
- A passion for the arts, music and cultural programs preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to use a computer and phone.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 10-20 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally, with or without assistance.
- High level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Strong communicator, excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people, including staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, squat, bend, reach above head.
- Ability to see, hear, listen, and speak and understand English; bi-lingual ability a plus.
- Experience in working in a non-profit environment a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook preferred.
- Ability to work indoors year-round and outdoors during festivals and events.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
ArtsQuest has a culture of CARES; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation and Sustainability; In order to be successful at ArtsQuest you must be willing and able to take ownership, and make significant contributions to the success of the organization:
- We value a collaborative work style as well as the ability to work cross-functionally.
- We not only work in an office environment in close vicinity with other staff members, across multiple buildings, we also work outdoors in all types of weather during festivals and events.
- We sometimes work long and unusual hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.