Jarlette Health Services is a family-centric organization that has built a tradition of excellence in making an outstanding difference in the lives of the residents, families, employees, and communities it serves. As a proudly Canadian organization, with 14 Long Term Care Homes and 7 Retirement Lodges across Ontario, Jarlette Health Services has established itself as an industry leader with over 50 years of experience in the dynamic senior care sector.
At this time, we are looking for passionate, results-driven individuals to join and grow with our team. Jarlette Health Services is proud to offer competitive wages, benefit packages and career advancement opportunities. Under the direction of the Director of Care, the BSO PSW / Staffing Coordinator is responsible and accountable for providing optimum care to promote the well being of each individual resident. Providing supports to the Nursing and Personal Care department by providing administrative coordination, scheduling, payroll and staffing support, ensuring nursing staff levels and skills mix will meet the demands of the home and the care requirements of the residents
Ideal Candidate Traits & Qualifications
- Must possess a PSW Certificate Program with a minimum of 600 hours in duration or a grandfathered PSW/HCA that meets the requirements in subsection (3).O. Reg 79/10, s. 47 (1) of the LTCH Act, 2007
- Post-Secondary diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience an asset
- Strong computer skills; including Word, Excel, Google Apps, experience with time and attendance software/HRIS systems an asset
- Must have a demonstrated knowledge of dementia, delirium, mental health issues in the delivery of care and its effect on the person and family members or partner in care.
- GPA Certification and/or U-First and Palliative Care Certification an asset
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational skills and effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy with the flexibility to meet workload demands.
- Strong problem resolution skills with an aptitude to make decisions using sound judgment
- Experience scheduling within the limitations of a collective agreement an asset
Please note, employment with Jarlette Health Services will be contingent on receipt of a current Criminal Reference Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening. Jarlette Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individuals with disabilities through each stage of the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please let us know.