The HR representative provides administrative support to the HR department and assists with payroll processing.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Conduct benefits enrollment for new employees.
- Complete I-9 for new hires and maintains I-9 records.
- Submit the online applicant investigation requests and assist with new employee background checks.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (reviews applications, interviews).
- Acts as an employee relations specialist.
- Update HRIS database records and process paperwork for new hires, terminations and other status changes.
- Assist HR director with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Create new employee personnel files and file papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assist with or prepare correspondence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
- Critical Evaluation.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position, 8 to 12 hours a week, potentially full-time June through September.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or two years of HR administrative experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential.
AVERILL HOSPITALITY is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled