Responsible for greeting all guests in a professional, friendly and family oriented way before, during and after the meal period.
• Be punctual to begin your work
• Wear proper uniform (black slacks, Black Bear Diner shirt, suspenders and apron) and name badge at all times
• Maintain a neat and clean appearance at all times
• As soon as guests are seated approach the table within no more than two minutes, greet guests in a friendly/courteous way, introduce yourself by name
• Offer beverages before taking food orders (Coffee, OJ for breakfast. Iced tea & soft drinks, any seasonal special beverages, beer, wine for lunch and dinner)
• After serving beverages, announce specials per meal period
• Takes food orders, making sure that orders are repeated back to guests to avoid any mistakes, if out of any items, make sure to communicate it to guests
• Puts order into Aloha, making sure that all modifications are placed
• Always connect with the kitchen expeditor or kitchen manager for any special request or modifications
• After orders have been placed make sure to check back with the guests to offer beverage refills
• Make sure to communicate to guests any delays from the kitchen, say “Just want to let you know that the food is delayed but it should be coming out shortly”
• Never ignore the guests, especially when there is a delay from the kitchen, maintain guests informed at all times
• Maintain a cheerful and positive attitude at all times
• Maintain the “clean as you go” policy
• Keep all working areas clean at all times, sweep and vacuum floors as necessary to maintain a good clean look throughout the dining room
• Maintain all working stations clean and organized at all times
• Report to Manager any equipment failures and any shortages of supplies immediately
• Make sure to take your breaks on time to avoid any penalties
• Make sure to return to your work stations after breaks on a timely manner
• You are required to work over time, if needed
• Responsible for making sure that all guest checks are double checked before presenting to guests (make sure table # matches the guests check and number of guests)
• Any voids, wrong orders or when guests changes mind must be approved by manager
• As a server, you are not allowed to comp any meals, unless approved by management
• Be a team player, taking ownership of the entire Restaurant, not just your station
• Food runs are to be made by all food servers when needed… We are a Team!
• All transitions of stations must be communicated immediately to management to avoid confusion of who is working where
• All food servers must have current Food Handlers’ Certification..
• Make sure that all sugar caddies are refilled with proper condiments and re-stock all sauces, ketchup and mustards, refill salt & pepper shakers
• All side works must be completed before punching out from your shift
1. Must be able to stand, walk, and stay on his/her feet for prolonged periods of time. This could be up to four hours without a break period to sit down.
2. Carry plates, dishes and trays with a weight of up to nine pounds on a continuous basis.
3. Lift up to 25 pounds at a given time.
4. Must be able to write (take orders form guests) and work either an adding machine or a Point of Sale (P.O.S.) screen that requires repetitive motion.
5. Must be courteous, smile frequently, and express cheerful disposition at all times.