TO: Logistics & Production Manager
exists to serve offenders in prison and ex-offenders in the community by
showing God’s love, providing practical assistance, and supporting Biblical
standards of justice.
The Assistant Production
Manager provides leadership for all employees that function within the Thrift
Center Warehouse and oversees the staff for the corporate production of Liberty
Thrift. This is a working support role
for the Production Manager.
- Know and follow organization of stored
- Know and follow procedure for clothing
- Accurately completes daily reporting.
- Providing and maintaining a clean and
safe working environment within warehouse parameters.
- Provide trucks with product being
shipped to the different stores according to their schedules.
- Direct and control the staff of the
warehouse to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained to
carry out their responsibilities to the required standards.
- Maintaining systems for storage of
seasonal items, fixtures, clothing, tools, usable products, recyclable
- Maintain quality control for those
items going out to the stores as well as making sure items are not being
discarded that can still be sold in the stores.
- Assuring that utilities are maintained
properly and either replacing or repairing those things that Liberty
Thrift is responsible.
- Reporting maintenance needs to the P&L
Manager for those that are within the warehouse limits.
- Monitoring inventory, reporting any
needs to the P&L Manager.
- Working with community service and
volunteers to find jobs to keep them busy at all times.
- Operate all warehouse equipment.
- Be in contact with P&L Manager for
any goals that need to be attained.
- Follow opening and closing procedures
of the Thrift Center.
- Conduct Morning Prayer Circle with mini
staff meetings on the mornings when the Production Manager needs
assistance. Use words of
encouragement as well as direction and requirements for the day.
- Conducts interviews and collaborates
with the L&P Manager on hiring new staff.
- Proactively addresses employee issues
and completes the necessary documentation.
- Performs employee appraisals.
- Be supportive of the mission and be in
agreement with the statement of faith put forth by Liberty Ministries.
- High ethical ability to follow policy
and procedures of Liberty Thrift.
- Have administrative and leadership
abilities with attention to detail and organization.
- Be able to work with people, having good
listening and communication skills with community service, customers,
volunteers, and employees.
- Be neat in appearance and practice good
- Job requires bending, stooping,
squatting, kneeling, stretching, reaching, pulling, etc. Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Must be able to operate all equipment
used in the warehouse, including the forklift.
- Be in good physical and mental health
with emotional maturity and a sense of humor.
- Sound judgment necessary to achieve
goals without day to day supervision.
- High ethical ability to follow policies
and procedures of Liberty Ministries Thrift.
- Show initiative through determining what
works and making changes where needed.
- Needs to be a good multi-tasker.
- Excellent computer skills. Ability to
use Google based platforms, Excel and Word a must.
SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
At least a high
school diploma or equivalent is required.
Liberty Ministries is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled