- Prepare work schedule for staff. Assign duties to staff, such as yearly housecleaning, weekly cleaning of rooms, halss and lounges, weekly cleaning of private and public bathrooms, washing windows, scrubbing and waxing halls, and over-all cleaning.
- Supervise preparation for rooms for new residents, such as cleaning and painting. Assist with unpacking and storage for the new resident.
- Assist new resident in marking of name in linen and clothing and instruct on laundry policies. Order printed name labels for resident.
- Supervise the moving of residents to hospital, and other moves as authorized by administration.
- Supervise dismantling of rooms after death of a resident and get personal belongings ready for family members.
- Be read and willing to help any member of staff at any time.
- Order linen, draperies, and blinds for the facility; and cleaning supplies for housekeeping as needed. Maintain orders and price records.
- Assist in disposing surplus furniture and clothing left to the facility by residents.
- Make frequent rounds of the facility to inspect for cleanliness and order. Inspect for repairs and refer needs to maintenance department.
- Provide on-the-job training and supervision of housekeeping staff.
- Supervise pick up laundry for all areas of the facility on designated days.
- Make work schedule and assignments for laundry staff. Be willing to help staff at any time.
- Supervise sorting and preparation of soiled laundry for washing.
- Supervise drying, ironing and sorting of clean laundry.
- Send clothing for mending to seamstress. Replace damaged clothing.
- Attempt to locate missing items and replace if lost.
- Supervise cleaning and maintenance of laundry equipment.
HealthCare and Residential Housekeeping
- Be responsible for the overall cleanliness of units.
- Provide on-the-job training and supervision for housekeeping staff.
- Ascertain that rooms are cleaned and ready for admission of new resident. Assist with unpacking and storage. Mark linen and personal belongings with name tags, ready for laundry.
- Assist with moving resident from current room to other room in facility or from the facility, as authorized by administration.
- Send items of clothing or bedding to mending room as needed.
- Make frequent rounds throughout the units for cleanliness and order. Check for repairs and report to maintenance department.
- Be ready and willing to help any member of the staff at any time.
Heritage Pointe of Huntington is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled