CAMP FRASER PROGRAM MANAGER
The Camp Fraser Program Manager is responsible for all day to day operations, marketing, outreach, communications, and educational aspects of Camp Fraser.
- Market and book all programming at Camp Fraser, including MWEE grant, day programs, team-building programs, overnight programs, and rentals.
- Manage Program Coordinator and work with Program Coordinator to run successful camp programs; including supervising educators, communicating with teachers, and coordinating to improve lessons and overall student experience.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with school administration, teachers, churches, local groups, and other parties.
- Teach and present pre-visits and post-visits with students as dictated by the grant.
- Organize and facilitate teacher and parent informational meetings.
- Develop and implement all outreach, marketing, and promotional materials, activities, and strategies to promote educational programs and rental opportunities.
- Communicate with rental groups about the guidelines and cost for renting the facility.
- Help prepare the site for programming use year-round.
- Interview and hire seasonal educational staff as needed.
- Train and provide feedback regularly to educators.
- Develop and implement summer programming for Camp Fraser.
- Update and maintain all lesson and programming supplies.
- Develop and update educational lessons and activities based on DC MWEE guidelines and NGSS.
- Grade and evaluate student learning assessments and teacher evaluations. Create and maintain spreadsheets to track assessments and evaluations.
- Report metrics on a monthly basis to Jimmy Jang including number of students served, student days, teacher evaluations, and any academic outcomes.
- Adhere to Living Classrooms’ emergency procedures with regards to student/staff sickness, injury, overall safety, etc.
- Maintain site records including but not limited to permits, maintenance, accounting, and reports as required and ensure licenses, inspections, and permits are kept active.
- Assist in planning long-term site improvement plan
- Such other duties as are necessary for the operations of the program, the Foundation, or as assigned by the Managing Director of Education.
- Must hold bachelor’s degree, relevant field preferred.
- Must have at least three years of experience in providing experiential education, management experience strongly preferred.
- Must be mature, responsible, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to perform the above duties satisfactorily.
- Must possess strong problem-solving, organizational, written and communication skills.
- Proficient in utilizing computer programs including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have the ability to work independently or with others to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to effectively prepare and present information to various groups.
PLEASE SUBMIT BOTH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER FOR CONSIDERATION