Seasonal Operations Assistant
Seasonal Operations Assistant
ArtsQuest Values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging.
Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
Reports to: Operations Specialist
Direct Reports: None
Responsible for manual set up and break down and service all rooms, tents, venues in accordance with terms and conditions as requested or required by guests and directed by supervisor.
- Event set-up for all spaces at the ArtsQuest Center, Banana Factory and Visitor’s Center based on diagrams provided the Operations Specialist.
- Assist in event and festival set-up, operation, and break-down.
- Lead and Assist volunteer groups in event and festival set-up, operation, and break-down.
- Break down all rooms when function has concluded and return items to storage areas.
- Assist with removal of garbage and recycling containers from rooms and venues when event has concluded.
- Handle guest requests and concerns promptly and with courtesy; Act as a sounding board for guests' concerns; troubleshoot problems that arise; defuse and remain calm under stressful situations.
- Perform routine walk-through safety and cleanliness inspections of the facility.
- Required to have a thorough knowledge of building policies, procedures and event requirements; assist guests with any inquiries regarding entertainment and services.
- Answer general questions; assist and provide information to volunteers and staff.
- Handle additional duties as needed by guests or management.
In addition, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following:
- Assist in general grounds maintenance and upkeep.
- General maintenance and organization of buildings and warehouse.
- Light maintenance duties such as changing light bulbs and minor repairs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or have a High School Diploma.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule year-round which may include mornings, evenings, and weekends and sometimes overnight if needed.
- A valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and reliable transportation to move from building to building as needed.
- Must possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests; friendly and personable; a team player; must work well with others; Strong interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and empathy.
- Ability to follow and communicate clear guidelines and work at a very quick pace, particularly during events and other functions.
- Ability to multi-task, detail-oriented, and able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal and external customers.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. This position requires considerable physical activity on a continuous basis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs. frequently with or without the assistance of others and occasionally up to 50+ lbs.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to kneel, stoop, bend, lift, push, pull, pinch, grip, reach overhead, reach away from body, and repetitive motion; talking, seeing, hearing, smelling, feeling (identifying objects by touch), depth perception and color vision.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions to support festivals & events.
- Ability to multi-task with ease; organized, accurate and cooperative.
- Read, write, speak and understand the English language at a level adequate to perform the job; bi-lingual in Spanish or other language a plus.
- Ability to work day, evening, weekend and overnight hours when needed.
Seasonal staff who work through Musikfest will be eligible to receive an additional $350 bonus!
*Must be able to commit to working a minimum of 5 shifts (a single shift is defined as a scheduled 5 hours) for a total of 25 hours over the course of Musikfest, to be eligible to receive the bonus.
2022 Musikfest Dates: August 5-15.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ArtsQuest maintains a culture of C.A.R.E.S.; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation and Sustainability. In addition, ArtsQuest has very high standards for accountability and ownership of all of our employees’ actions, whose contributions to the organization all relate to customer service. It is our goal to maintain these high standards in order to deliver the most exceptional experiences to both our internal and external customers. We work hard, but we play harder. It’s the reason we’re here!
Candidates from underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply!
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt - Seasonal
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.