BRANCH MANAGER/DON (RN)- National Nursing & Rehab- Sugar Land, TX
President, Board of Directors, Professional Advisory Committee
BRANCH MANAGER/DON (RN) is responsible for the overall supervision and direction of all health care personnel and services provided by the agency. The Branch Manager is responsible for the agency's compliance with State and Federal regulations and standards of health care practice.
- Plan, direct and coordinate overall agency development and administration.
- Determine organizational lines of authority and responsibility.
- Ensure the quality and appropriateness of services, and appropriate staffing for the delivery of services in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure that staff is educated, qualified and competent to carry out the duties of the position for which they were hired.
- Develop and implement administrative policies.
- Periodically review and revise policies as necessary, obtaining Governing Body approval prior to implementation.
- Interpret and translate agency policies and procedures.
- Interpret and implement state licensing and federal rules and regulations, which govern the operation of home health agencies.
- Participate in new employee orientation.
- Acts as the official spokesperson and representative of the agency, ensuring the accuracy of information presented to the public (written and verbal). Attend meetings and seminars that are sponsored by local, state, and national trade associations of the home health industry.
- Work with the Governing Body to develop a marketing plan.
- Coordinate and participate in the agency's annual program evaluation.
- Prepare the agency's annual budget and present to the Governing Body for approval.
- Negotiate contracts and employment agreements with other health care providers.
- Supervise and evaluate the job performance of the personnel directly supervised.
- Ensure that all personnel are evaluated in accordance with agency policies.
- Ensure the coordination of all Quality Assurance/Improvement functions with the agency's overall QA/I program.
- Monitor documentation requirements, timeliness in the submission of items for billing and items that have been requested by Medicare or other third-party payers.
- Authorize, in writing, an individual to act (be in charge and make administrative decisions) in the absence of the Administrator Plan, direct, coordinate, and supervise agency health care services including skilled nursing, physical, occupational, and speech therapy, medical social services, and home health aide services.
- Ensure that Professional staff members are educated, qualified and competent to carry out the duties of the position for which they were hired, and the duties assigned.
- Participate in the agency's annual program evaluation.
- Evaluate the job performance of the personnel directly supervised.
- Conduct in-service training for agency professional staff in accordance with agency policy, State and Federal regulations.
- Perform "on-call" duties as necessary, and when not on-call, be available to on-call personnel 24 hours per day.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and supervise agency health care services including skilled nursing, physical, occupational, and speech therapy, medical social services, and home health aide services.
- Ensure the quality and appropriateness of services, the availability of services, and appropriate staffing for the delivery of services in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure the Alternate a DOPS is qualified, trained, and briefed sufficiently to perform the duties of the DOPS in his/her absence.
Demonstrates initiative and skills in planning and organizing work
- Demonstrates a desire to set and meet objectives and to find increasingly efficient ways to perform tasks.
- Completes work, care, and documentation with accuracy and within agency time frames.
- Requires minimal supervision and is self-directed.
Demonstrates organizational awareness and commitment
- Understands and appropriately applies the chain of command in relation to job position and supervision.
- Knows and understands the agency mission in relation to own job position.
Observes confidentiality policy at all times.
- Protects and honors customer and coworker confidentiality.
- Respects customers' and coworkers' right to privacy.
Observes attendance and attire policies
- Meets attendance and punctuality expectations.
- Demonstrates cooperation with requests to meet agency needs.
- Consistently adheres to agency dress code.
Complies with all other related policies, procedures, and requests
- Recommends and/or supports changes to policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures applicable to own job position.
- Adheres to policies and procedures. Honors requests of management for interim rules.
Conserves agency resources
- Maintains agency property, supplies and equipment in a manner that demonstrates ownership and accountability.
- Maintains the work area to reduce the likelihood for safety hazards and to enhance its general appearance.
Demonstrates interpersonal understanding and utilizes effective communication skills
- Considers the effects of words and actions on others.
- Utilizes listening skills that indicate understanding and promote an accurate interpretation of others' concerns, motivations, and feelings.
- Recognizes the influence of believes and cultures on behaviors and accepts strengths and limitations in others.
- Works toward resolution of interpersonal conflicts as they arise.
- Recognizes when others are in need of information, assistance or direction and consistently offers and provides help.
- Attends and participates positively in meetings.
- Regularly reads and appropriately applies information to practice.
- Uses words that express respect, patience, and understanding of interactions with others.
- Acknowledges other verbally and nonverbal (eye contact, expression, tone voice) promptly and courteously.
- Follows appropriate phone etiquette.
Exhibits behaviors of cooperation
- Develops cooperation and collaborative work efforts that general benefits all involved parties.
- Demonstrates the initiative to meet the needs of the agency by assisting coworkers when load permits.
Continuing education and personal/professional development responsibilities
- Maintains personal health status requirement in relation to job position
- Maintains professional licensure/certification (if applicable).
- Maintains current personnel file information and provides information to agency in timely manner.
- Sets own development challenges and volunteers to learn.
- Assists with orientation of new personnel.
- Adheres to agency infection control and safety policies, including education, reporting, and practice implementation specific to the job position.
- Attends agency provided in-service programs to fulfill the requirements of position and agency policies.
Exhibits adaptability, flexibility, self-control and maturity in work and behavior.
- Maintains stable performance and emotions when faced with opposition, pressure and/ or stressful conditions.
- Develops work relationships that honor and respect others' strengths and abilities.
Service Excellence 50% of the yearly evaluation
- Shows courtesy, compassion, and respect.
- 2Communicates with all individuals appropriately, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Contributes to teamwork, and harmonious working relationships.
- Supports and demonstrates continuous improvement of quality and service.
- Shares ideas and suggestions.
- Participates in projects
- Participates in problem solving.
- Reports problems, unusual events appropriately.
- Demonstrates behavior that promotes professionalism and self-development.
- Participates in educational programs/seminars.
- Promotes cost consciousness.
- Displays professional appearance.
- Promotes a professional environment, including an emphasis on cleanliness and safety.
Exhibit critical thinking abilities and applies them for continuous improvement of services and the agency
- Uses own knowledge and experience base and other resources as necessary to make logical decisions and solve problems.
NATIONAL MEDICAL HOMECARE
- Continuously analyze work process and makes suggestions for improvement.
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing and currently licensed in the State of Texas to practice professional nursing as a Registered Nurse.
- Training in health service administration and at least (I) year of supervisory or administrative experience in home health care or other health-related programs.
Regency Integrated Health Services is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled