Hours per week: 40/Full Time
Reports directly to: The
Assistant Director and indirectly to the Director and Corporate.
The Employment Placement Specialist (EPS) shall act as a
liaison between residential clients and assigned Case Manager. Responsible for assisting residents gain
employment and ensuring contract compliance with the Statement of Work.
Education and Qualifications:
The minimum experience for the position of the Employment
Placement Specialist (EPS) will be one year of work experience in guidance,
counseling, or job placement. Work experience may be substituted with a
specialized degree or certification in the field of guidance, counseling, or
career development. Must have a valid
driver’s license and social security card issued by the U.S. Social Security
Administration, and be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or other
person lawfully admitted into the United States. Must pass federal background check.
Skills and Specifications:
Problem solving, planning and prioritizing
Communication skills – written and verbal
Ability to meet established deadlines
Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
The Employment Placement Specialist shall assume the
following job responsibilities:
Conduct meetings with individual
residents and group meetings, as needed, to identify resident employment
- Job placement resources both in the RRC
and in the community, to include the Department of Labor’s One-Stop
System, consistent with current labor market trends.
- Employment information assistance using
computer-based technology and resources which include career assistance
software and on-line resources (e.g., Internet, America’s Career Info
Net). The EPS will have direct
access to the Internet to meet this requirement.
- Portfolio development, resume writing,
proper dress, and interview techniques training.
- Individual and group counseling, case
management, and post-release follow-up relative to employment within the
community, to include the area where the resident plans to live following
- Bi-weekly status report if necessary.
- Employment job fairs either on-site or
in partnership with other organizations, such as community colleges to
maximize job retention, every effort should be made to match a resident's
skill levels to an actual job placement.
For example, an experienced heavy equipment operator may not be
appropriately employed as a short order cook at minimum wage.
- Establish “Job Search Ready” date for
each resident. Generate appropriate
documentation and distribute to each resident’s Case Manager.
- Refer residents to available and
- Receive and review employment contact
sheets and randomly verify the contained information.
- Legal status notification to resident
- Develop plan and IPP progress notes
regarding residents’ efforts to obtain a job if one isn’t obtained within
30 days of arrival.
- Act as liaison to the Employment
Development Department and State Department of Rehabilitation.
- Verify employer notification of status
- Provide pre-employment training and
counseling in interview for employment, completing employment applications
and preparing a resume.
- Make referrals to the Department of
Rehabilitation, as appropriate.
- Develop a file of community employment
resources to assist residents.
- Conduct new/current job site visits
within an appropriate time.
- Perform contract required telephonic
contacts with the resident’s employment supervisor to substantiate
attendance and discuss any problem.
- Perform contract required telephonic
contacts with the resident on the job.
- Counsel residents on their personal
appearance while job searching.
- Maintain a log of all residents’
- Local travel may be required.
- Complete all annual training required
- Complies with federal, state and local
laws and regulations.
- Reports any violation of company
policy, employee handbook Standards of Conduct, etc.…
- Assume and complete other duties as
Alternatives, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or
WORKING ALTERNATIVES INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled