Job Description: Server
Reports to: Restaurant Manager
Summary of Position: The mission of Neuman Hotel Group (which includes Larks Restaurant) is to provide our guests with personalized service and genuine hospitality. As Server, the primary responsibility will be to create an exceptional dining experience while serving guests in a friendly, efficient manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Warmly and graciously greets all guests upon arrival, present menus and inform of any specials.
- Make food/beverage recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverage items, where food products come from, how food is prepared and where the wine comes from (including the vintage and aromas & flavors of the wines).
- Take food and beverage orders and relay to kitchen and bar staff in a timely fashion.
- Serve all food and beverage orders efficiently using proper fine-dining techniques.
- Monitor and observe the guest dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make changes (if applicable).
- Be available to fill in as needed (as Host/Hostess, Busser, etc.) to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the Restaurant Manager or immediate supervisor.
- Thanks, guests as they leave and invite them to return. Relay guest comments or suggestions to the manager on duty.
- Prepare tables, laying out napkins and utensils, making sure the condiments are refiled and perform other preparation tasks.
- Previous serving experience required (in a fine dining establishment preferred).
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Food Handlers Card and OLCC Certification (or ability to obtain within 7 days of hire).
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Must be a team player and demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, confidence and can easily interact with strangers.
- Knowledge of food presentation, preparation, and handling.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5-8 hours).
- Must have exceptional grooming habits.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be flexible and willing to assist as needed to ensure all restaurant standards are met
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.