SAINT ELEANOR PARISH
To welcome visitors, parishioners, and vendors, to receive and route routine telephone calls, provide clerical support.
Parish Office Manager and Pastor
Work is generally routine; most tasks are well-defined, but with considerable variation; some work is less well-defined and may require independent action.
This is a part-time position: work is Thursday (day) and Friday (morning) with the possibility of some additional hours during the week when coverage is needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary person who welcomes and greets visitors and parishioners to the office; assists them with their requests or needs; assures their comfort; directs them to proper parish and/or support staff; answers telephone calls, provides appropriate information, directing to proper staff member or records message details as appropriate and secures contact information for follow-up.
- Maintains confidentiality; exhibits tact and diplomacy in dealing with people.
- Typing of letters, reports, forms, and other materials as needed; photocopies and collate materials as necessary; prepare labels and mailings as needed; maintains supplies as appropriate in accord with office protocol.
- Assists in maintaining filing systems and record keeping; assists with sales of the Gift Card program (Scrip); assists in the recording of contribution envelopes in accord with established procedures; assists with keeping the parish electronic database, Church Office, and the Parish Census cards accurate and up-to-date.
- Assists with the welcoming of new parishioners; scheduling of and coordinating documentation for Baptisms and Funerals as well as Communion Calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
REPRESENTATIVE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work and collaborate as a team member
- Ability to organize documents and forms efficiently and routinely update information; ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Flexibility in responding courteously to immediate needs of visitors and callers; ability to establish priorities and maintain productivity despite numerous interruptions
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot general office equipment
- High School graduate; College graduate preferred
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with people
- Secretarial experience and/or experience working with people
Send resume to:
Saint Eleanor Church