Food and Beverage Manager
The Expeditor is responsible for ensuring the quality and proper presentation of food in a timely matter; that food orders are prepared and assembled quickly according to recipes and procedures to avoid waste; and that the line is always stocked neat, clean and safe. Expeditors are the link between the kitchen and the dining room.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure the efficient flow of orders from the waiters to the kitchen.
- Assist in the final preparation of dishes; inspect every plate to make sure the proper garnishes have been applied and that dishes are free of smudges and spills before delivered to the guest.
- Ability to direct kitchen staff on what orders to produce or communicate with waitstaff as to where dishes need to be delivered.
- Deliver orders, as needed, to maintain fast service.
- Complete daily/weekly cleaning and maintenance of equipment. Maintain personal health and sanitation standards.
- Maintain cooking line in a clean, sanitary and safe manner.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Time Management.
- Teamwork Orientation.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a restaurant and commercial kitchen setting. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. There are many kitchen hazards such as hot surfaces and liquids, sharp knives, and slippery floors. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns. Frequent hand washing is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require lifting of products weighing up to 75 pounds.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Stand- Over 3/4th of the time
- Walk- Over 3/4th of the time
- Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Climb or balance- Up to 1/3rd of the time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 75 lbs.- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time seasonal position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, nights weekends and holidays.
- No travel is expected for this position.
- Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year prior restaurant expeditor experience.
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Compliant with state Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.