Housekeeping Supervisor - Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kelowna Airport
The Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kelowna Airport is currently accepting applications for a full-time Housekeeping Supervisor with an immediate start!
If you don't mind variety and are able to work a flexible schedule which includes mornings, weekdays, and weekends, please submit your resume today! We are on a bus route, with a stop just outside of the hotel. We also pickup our employees from the bus loop at UBCO! This position currently pays $16.50 - $18.00 per hour, plus discounts on Food & Beverage, Hotel stays, and Marina activities at our sister properties!
What we offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport)
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Hilton brands
- An excellent work environment, and the opportunity to be a part of a great team!
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed consistently through daily operations;
- Inspect guest rooms ensuring the highest possible cleaning standards are met;
- Lead and supervise the day-to-day operation of the department to ensure service standards are followed;
- Handle guest concerns and react quickly, logging and notifying the proper areas;
- Actively participate in daily briefing, daily warm up and department meetings;
- Ensure Room Attendants are informed daily about priorities in their section;
- Builds and contributes to a service culture that is characterized by empowered guest service specialists, providing engaging service and creating memorable experiences;
- Proactively address any day-to-day operational concerns, determining appropriate solutions and actions to be taken;
- Comply with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, while ensuring a clean and safe working environment;
- Actively participate in the hotel health and safety program. Ensure that all associates are familiar with and in compliance with WHMIS and Health & Safety policies and procedures;
- Assist in the day to day operations of housekeeping including: scheduling, planning, work load, delegating tasks and communication across departments;
- Assist with hiring, training, introduction of new team members and performance management;
- Lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance;
- Cleaning rooms, public areas, and all other jobs as required by the housekeeping department; and
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous housekeeping experience is required;
- Previous supervisory experience in a similar environment will be an asset, with a proven ability to provide professional, friendly and engaging service;
- Good computer literacy (experience and proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel);
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities;
- Detail oriented, organized and focused on quality;
- Highly responsible and reliable, demonstrating initiative as required;
- Proven ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced, team-based environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly organized and effective time management skills;
- Available to work varied shifts: days, weekends and holidays;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada without restriction.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.