The Teller provides a variety of customer checking, savings, and cash receipt and payment services in accordance with banking regulations and Citizens procedures. This is a full-time position, and the normal hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position will be based at our Main Branch in Plaquemine, LA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accepts retail and/or commercial deposits, loan payments, processes checking and savings account withdrawals.
- Processes night deposits.
- Cashes checks and processes transfers.
- Maintains an adequate cash drawer at all times; buys and sells currency from the vault, as necessary.
- Balances cash drawer in accordance with Bank procedures and regulations.
- Issues Cashier’s Checks and Money Orders.
- Prepares Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs)
- Operates Coin machine.
- Identifies and reports counterfeit bills.
- Processes daily Branch Capture.
- Replenishes and balances ATM.
- Follows teller procedures as instructed by Manager.
- Understands and follows Restricted/Dormant Account Procedures.
- Completes all required annual compliance training including BSA.
High School diploma or equivalent
Training and Experience
- One year of cash handling experience.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn job-related software
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries from internal team members and customers and demonstration of excellence in customer service.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Work involves extensive use of computers and may include occasional pushing, pulling or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Must be able to speak clearly and hear and understand normal conversations in person and over the phone. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position will be based at a specific branch location but will require the flexibility to work at other branch locations as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
CITIZENS BANK & TRUST CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled