Fleet Diesel / CNG Mechanic Apprentice
Who We Are
Emterra Group is a dynamic, growth-oriented, and safety-focused group of companies. organizations have been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for recycling, organics, and waste that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion and the circular economy. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC) and the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE).
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group
- Opportunity to be part of one of Canada’s Greenest Employers!
- Competitive wages and annual wage increases!
- Comprehensive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)!
- Employee Assistance Program, paid for by the Company!
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support!
- Be part of an entrepreneurial organization that wants to continue to learn and grow!
- Ability to have impact and make change!
Under general supervision, the fleet mechanics perform preventive maintenance services, inspect, diagnose, and repair vehicles and equipment. Our mandate is to have Trained Mechanics provide superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and our growing fleet of CNG trucks. Apprenticeship opportunities are available based on work ethic and ability.
- Works under supervision and completes assigned tasks according to written instructions and established procedures.
- Performs repairs and preventive maintenance services.
- Conducts inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Completes all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs)
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project work.
- Reviews and completes assigned work for repairs as identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work environment in compliance with Corporate / Worksafe Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- One (1) to two (2) years of relevant work experience
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record is mandatory
- Commercial driving license (CDL) is an asset and willingness to obtain Class 3 BC License (minimum) within 6 months of hire
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Able to successfully pass a background check consisting of an MTO medical/drug test, criminal history search, license verification and employment confirmation.
- Capacity to work shifts and willingness to periodically work 2-3 days offsite to repair trucks at other provincial company divisions
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position